• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting headaches or eyeaches, try this out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

http://www.stereopsis.com/flux/

I work at my PC and in my free time I game and browse the internet. I am a nerd. :)

Nerds, as you may know, wear glasses and have poor eyesight. Staring at a monitor only worsens it.

I only use my PC with the lights on or in daylight, and I keep my monitor REALLY, REALLY dark. If you know dell settings I keep the brightness at 0/100 and the contrast is under 30 unless I'm watching a movie or playing a game.

This was all helpful but nothing helped as much as this:

http://www.stereopsis.com/flux/

Download it and run it, you're welcome!

If you've heard of Gunnar optics I believe it works on the exact same principle, except it's free, and works a lot more conveniently with glasses.

It has some cool features like time adjust settings etc. too

The second I ran it I could immediately feel even less strain and my eyes felt more alleviated than ever!

I am loving it! You can just quick turn it off if you need to look at some important images etc. otherwise you adapt really quickly.

I started using this recently. One thing of note, is to not get the huge sepia change at first, set your night setting to just above fluorescent. That way it won't look like orange city ;)

Yeah I'm still using it, too.

Is anyone else using the latest catalyst and CCC with it? I noticed when it's running, even disabled, the disable and accept buttons just blink like crazy. I can change fan settings but I can't change color settings(obviously) and all the while those buttons at the bottom just flash like crazy.

Nice I am going to use this on the monitor I have with out a light sensor see how it goes. Because having a light sensor is 100% the way to go ..

Back