• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock is the third largest mobo manufacture

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaveHCYJ

Underdog, low-end, and ASUS-spinoff are some of the terms commonly associated with ASRock. Unbeknownst to many, ASRock has climbed up to the spot of the third largest PC motherboard vendor in terms of sales volumes. In its rather surprising ascent, ASRock displaced MSI and ECS. In terms of annual sales figures, ASUS emerged as the highest grossing motherboard vendor with 21.6 million units sales in calendar year 2010, followed by Gigabyte with 18 million units. Although Gigabyte showed strong prospects in 2010, at one point even matching top rival ASUS in terms of sales, the company slipped by competitive pricing by ASUS. ASRock currently has about 75-80% of its motherboard shipments mid-range and high-end models with price points at around US$50. Despite the company selling motherboards with a rather cheap price, its gross margin was still able to maintain at above 18-19%. ASRock currently offers motherboards for both AMD and Intel platforms, in all market segments, value-thru-enthusiast.

Taken from here.

Thats pretty cool, I didn't know ASRock had gotten so large. I thought they were just another one of the low volume budget manufactures. Recently though they have been making some nice looking higher end boards (Fatal1ty)and getting pretty darn good reviews while doing so (anandtech really like one of their sandybridge boards, especially for the price when compared to asus and gigabyte).

That is really surprising to me as well, thanks for sharing that link. I'll have to keep an open mind for the ASRock boards in the future

With DFI and Abit out of the game, looks like ASRock took the challenge. Competition is good, I hope they bring out some high end boards.

hmm fatality motherboard, buy a motherboard you noobs so you feel like a "pro gramer".
seems like abit changed it name all of a sudden, becomming weary of asrock.

oh wait:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asrock

parent company asus, soooo basicly as rock and asus are one in the same, as rock being low end, asus being hihg end, but are treated as seperates..... well i cant stand asus's products so i guess i wont be buying asrocks either

I gave ASROCK a try with the P67 EXTREME6,it lasted about a week,but had everything I wanted on a board at a reasonable price..

They've gotten pretty good reviews of their Sandybridge Motherboards. Especially considering the price and features.

Numbers aren't the issue. What folks like us here need is better mobos than the basic Dells etc, laptops, cheap OEM manufacturers. Think they use top caps and Mosfets? When ASRock gets reviewd over two years as atop Mobo performance modder board, then they are worthy of attention. I'll stick with the performance winners that listen to us folks.

Numbers mean nothing really except to the stockholders and managers that scream at the people making them 16 hours a day.

Back