• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8P67- Pro or Gigabyte GA-P67-UD4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gcwebbyuk

About to buy an i7 2600K and scan are doing deals on these two boards.

Which would you choose?

6 of one, half dozen of the other so long as they both have the features you need. Midlevel boards are going to get you where you need to go with these unlocked multi chips. ;)

The giga is £5 more - so nothing in it price wise.

Am guessing both will accommodate a Coolermaster V10 with no issues with heatsinks etc.

The black of the giga would look nice, especially with my planned Gainward GTX570 Phantom :) but if the Asus was better, I would go for it...

As you say - six of one...

You arent attempting to break any records nor need .001 of speed. for 5 difference, get the pretty one. :)

If the Pro and UD4 differ like the Standard and UD3R, I'd go with the Asus as it's a little more roomier from cpu to mem slots and you get the UFI instead of standard BIOS to play with. Asus has bluetooth as well if that matters. I also don't remember any type of status lights on the Gigabyte either.

I'd just get the 'vanilla' P8P67. I've had no trouble with this board, just remember to read what memory is supported, no matter which board you choose. I had to exchange memory, since I couldn't get above 4300mhz.

I ordered the Giga in the end, checked it was compatible with my RAM too.

Should be here in a few hours...

If you get the asus p8p67 pro may you NOT encounter the memory bug so many of us have run into.

The bios updates have fixed the cold boot issues but my board still refuses to see both 4gb sticks no matter what I try.

Ok... I'll bite.. 'memory bug' so many have run into? I dont even think there is a thread here. What did I miss?

Ok... I'll bite.. 'memory bug' so many have run into? I dont even think there is a thread here. What did I miss?

I don't know if it's a memory bug, but at least my sandy bridge board/chip was very finicky about overclocking with 'off the shelf' memory. I'm trying to advise the importance of reading QVL's before getting memory for whatever MB someone has.
Thoughts?

QVL's simply mean they have been tested working on that board. Really, 99% of the time any memory will work within a certain system so long as the speed, timings, and voltages are proper for the system. ;)

Well the gigabyte is going very well - no problems, and i7 is overclocked to 4.5GHz :)

Back