• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

570 needs moar juice..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

Okay, even though i got my new SB setup, still havent gotten around to benching, mostly due to this UD4 and the booting issues that seem to plaque this board, but in preperation for replacement of that (and assuming it doesnt suck as well), I have started to focus on see'n what my 570 will do..

I've gotten it to 890 Benchable (on 24/7 install) with MSI afterburner 2.10B7
But anything higher than that, and it goes blank.. with no driver restart.. at 885ish it's solid as a rock..

I already assumed that this needs more core V's, but I noticed while doing some load testing with Kombustor, that my VCCD goes from 1.089 (never touches 1.1, despite it being set on that) and fluctuates from 1.070-1.068v under load..

Best way to remedy this just to flash with an upped limit bios?

Temps are all in check and the VRM is doing well, while benching or load testing with kombustor the core never get's above 55-56c thanks to she shaman, and the sinks on the VRM's seem to be doing thier job well, just warm to the touch of a single sink, but can feel the warmth of the heat coming off that area of the card well :D

So should be no problems to give this thing some more juice, no?

:eek: Don't run kombuster!!!! It kills cards when you're at benching clocks/voltages

Be careful with voltage and the 570. Some havea been dieing with the 1.1v limit. As I understand it, its b/c they have less VRM's than a 580???

What would you use for stability testing for a video card instead?

I personally do ~10 loops of Crysis Benchmark Tool at the settings I use in game. Other people use looping 3DMark06 or similar, or Unigen Heaven bench.

I've heard this on here before too, that with the way Kombuster runs it can fry your card even though real usage would be alright.

What would you use for stability testing for a video card instead?

:eek: HE SAID THE S WORD!!!! Are people forgetting what board this is?!

If you can complete the benches you are trying to run, then its stable enough!

Phew...finally a post with some rationality!!! :p

What wega said.
And if you don't have a warranty, don't add juice.
Some of those things are exploding at stock clocks/volts.

If you can complete the benches you are trying to run, then its stable enough!

Who said anything about stability.. I want it to go faster...

Right, i've heard that too, but not that i have witnessed, but by seeing that most of the bot sub's for the 570 list "stock" cooling... that would be understandable, it has one less phase, so the VRM's work harder, combine that with cooling them with what amounts to a very large chunk of crappy metal, with almost no air flow actually cooling the spreader, and what flow there is, containing no surface area.. and most of the "pads" they use are crap.. I could see how that could happen..

This is not MY case, however.. everything is running very cool, Thermalright shaman, and the sinks are doing thier job on the VRM's.. only thing is.. there are like 3 chips, around the six packs of mosfets for the vrms that run perpindcular with the card, there are these very little chips.. control modules maybe? they are perfectly square and no bigger than a Q-tip is round (the stick part) that are not being sinked.. but they have plenty of air flow over them. there is 1 to every pack of vrm mosfets..

That could be an issue if these put out a lot of heat maybe, I need to get some of those really small enzotech mosfet sinks if those need to be sinked as well.

Back