• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air Flow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jsimacek

Registered
Im buying more fans for my case and was wondering about airflow

So this is my case. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811103011

The big fans on the case blow in to the case. In the front there is another fan that pulls air into the case, and the back has a fan to pull air out of the case. The other side is what I was wondering about. Would it be better to have it pulling air in or out? The fans will be at the top. If you look at the third picture at the top you can see the holes, thats where I was going to mount a few extra fans. The psu sits up there, but theres a lot of extra room.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Im not changing the fans Im adding more. One of my graphics cards usually stays above 50 degrees C even if im not doing anything and I know thats not good.

I was just wondering if air should blow in or out of that side.

Last edited:
Its more like 55C idle unless I turn the fan up to 100%. I dont get it though because the other Graphics card ony runs at 37C. My processor is over 50C too.

So this is acceptable with aircooling?

Attachments

• temps.png
    temps.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 113
can you space the cards out further? one is clearly eating the hot air from the other.

I didnt even think about the heat blowing onto the other card, but I cant space them apart because I only have the 2 pci express slots they are currently in.

Ohh yea, typical issue. Seen many times. You can't do much about it, unless you buy a single slot GPU aftermarket cooling setup for the hot card. If one is made.

What about load temps? Heaven benchmark looping for 15 minuites should show you max normal gaming temps. If below max spec temps, live with it. You need noise reduction, then lots of work and effort, meaning $$.

Be happy, my 470s are at 50C and 79C IDLE. I'm usually under watercooling tho, they idle at 34C under water, 47 at load. BOTH

If you switch your primary card to the bottom one it'll help even out their idle temps :shrug:

I appreciate all the info, but I already ordered the fans so it cant hurt to add them. Im still not sure if it should pull air in or push air out on that one side. Thats the side above the mobo.

No Conumdrum im not worried about sound at all, its actually good because it drowns out the traffic lol.

I do feel much better now though. I always thought they where running too hot.

Thanks again for puting my mind at ease.

I appreciate all the info, but I already ordered the fans so it cant hurt to add them. Im still not sure if it should pull air in or push air out on that one side. Thats the side above the mobo.

No Conumdrum im not worried about sound at all, its actually good because it drowns out the traffic lol.

I do feel much better now though. I always thought they where running too hot.

Thanks again for puting my mind at ease.

Also try cleaning out the video card of dust ,I had problems with my 4870 HD staying hot at high fan speeds and all it was that the heat sink was clog with dust ..

Just cleaned it out the day before I made this post :) Dropped the temps about 5C each

Back