• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Refurb Corsair X256

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slayn

I saw these for sale at Fry's, they are less than $250 for the 256gb model. I couldn't find too much information on these drives except for the horrible failure rate that happened whey they came out. I would assume that the refurbed would be "fixed" with updated firmware or such, but I really couldn't find much information on the drives as of late. Anyone think it is worth it? At $1/gb it is hard to pass up. I also saw some Samsung SSD that came in being sold for $200, the 128gb version which seem fast. At almost the same cost for double the space, the X256 seems good, unless they just never fixed the problem.

same deal at micro center. I bought 2 refurb f60's, but have been considering one of the 256gb's as well. I have not had any issues with mine, but I know jivetrky got a doa refurb when he bought his.

You can giving a try, if don't fit your expectations RMA it and get a new one.

Well mostly I am wondering if anyone has experience with this X256, period. I can barely find reviews on the ones that actually worked, and it seems there was quite the large bad batch. I know there was a firmware update, not sure if it 100% fixed the problem. I assume that the ones that didn't get updated in time were "bricked" and sent to Corsair to be "fixed" and are on the market. I can't find much info on these drives, one or two reviews which seem to place it as being pretty high performance, at least compared to other drives in September 2009.

Basically I can get the Corsair X256 256gb refurbed for around $200-225 or the newer Samsung 470 128gb for $200. For double the storage capacity for the same price, it is hard to resist the Corsair. Especially since I think it only has a 30 day warranty from Corsair ( LOL ).

Ok so I got the refurb Corsair for $240, I can always return it if it sucks. That is less than $1/gb. Does anyone have any good suggestions for stress testing the drive to see if it will fail?

I would say just use it, SSDS dont do stress testing anyways....Meaning stress testing even a perfect SSD will shorten its life.

Back