• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Case And Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Recker

Hi everyone,

Long time reader first time poster.

So I will put in as much detail as possible.

To start the case will be a U2UFO with all clear acrylic on both sides doing some etching here. Where I am asking for some help here is for both cable management and water cooling viability for the front back and tray.:bang head

For the back I was thinking the Triple Standard or Triple Standard w/HB. For the front opti or horizon, while puting 1 rad in front and one in the back or maybe do standard or horizon front with the rad on topfront and in the fronttop. To many choice ahh!!! Help :bang head

Before I go futher into the case I will have to list my equipment.

MSI Big Bang Fuzion
Intel Core I7 875
HIS H587F2G6DG Radeon HD 5870 2GB Eyefinity 6
GIGABYTE GV-R5876P-2GD Eyefinity 6
CMP4GX3M2C1600C7 2 sets for 8gig
3 internal 3.5 hdds and 2 optical drives.
NZXT Sentry LXE Touch Screen Fan Controller for the fans not on the rads

For the hardward I am not sure which blocks both cpu and vga i should use i was thinking EK but they seem hard to get here in canada. I looked as some sites for US to canada with shipping but even then most places dont have any in stock or they dont have 2 in stock for the VGA.I was thinking of running water from memory to cpu or vice versa or maybe using a Y Splitter from the rad then then back together again. ADVICE HERE SUPER WANTED:bang head

Im going for a dual Loop so a RP-452X2 seemed right for the resevoir, or should I do 2 seperate resevoirs with duality or something??
For the radiators i was going to use a Black Ice Xtreme III Radiator or Thermochill TA120.3 performance wise they are virtually the same when putting out as much heat as I will be. Also i will need 2 1 for rads so spacing will be a concern hence the massive case. I will be doing a push pull on both rads just because i can, and with a push pull i can reduce fanspeed to lower noise. Just so you know other than the air intake from the rads i dont think i will be putting alot more fans because i will be using fan controlers for the 2 rads so that will take most if not all extra space I have except i do have an external fan controller listed above. I would like some advice on the other fan controllers as the one im using can only controll 5 fans and i will need 2 more 6 fan controllers. ADVICE HERE SUPER WANTED:bang head

Barbs tubing tube size the things that hold the tubing the name of which escapes me atm. ADVICE HERE SUPER WANTED:bang head

I dont think ive missed anything if i have i will add later or post a reply thanks for all ur help.

PLEASE BLESS ME WITH YOUR WISDOM:salute::thup:

Last edited:
cooling ddr3 ram is pointless, don't bother with it.

The 2 rads you listed are drastically different

the RP-452 IS a reservior. Are you aware of the bleeding issues people are having with them?

get a good fan controller and put more than one fan/channel

Get primochill tubing...

Have you read the sticky? It's super helpful!

When you say bleeding are u talking about the 2 diffrent loops leaking into each other????

Yup, start with the stickies first. A lot of your questions will be answered there.

I'll second mor's recommendation for a good fan controller, I just added a Scythe Master Ace controller to my MM H2Go and it makes all the difference in the world for control and silencing the system. I'll post a build log and detail my experiences as a noob with water cooling later today.

The stuff in regards to the cpu is good its what i was looking for on that end, i already did lost of research on rads which is why i was looking at the black ice restrictive or the thermochill 120.3 no as restrictive. I also plan on 2 loops 1 for CPU only and 1 for the 2 gpu. So in regards to the gpu i was wondering if its possible to maybe split the line with a Y splitter before it hits the 2 gpus so they both have a fresh waster supply coming in and then recombine them before they hit the rad using Dual Rotary 45 Degree for spacing and another Y to take the 2 lines to 1 line again??? what do you guys think? How will that afffect pressure etc... and do you think the extra effort for the fresh water will be useful?

The water in each loop will eventually equilize in temp, so there is not real *need* to split the line and have fresh water going in to each card. The issues that adding the Y could give you would not be worth it.

The water in each loop will eventually equilize in temp, so there is not real *need* to split the line and have fresh water going in to each card. The issues that adding the Y could give you would not be worth it.

so eventually the water temp will always be the same it just gets cooler as it comes out of the rad then once it passes through the loop it heats back up.

My only concern is warm water coming from one video card isnt going to cool the 2nd video card as well as the first.

The water temps anywhere in a normal loop is 1-3C diferent anywhaere.

I don't think you understand what high rstriction/low restriction and radiator air flow means.

For great powerful cooling from a rad you get a HIGH FPI rad like the BIX rad, and run POWERFUL LOUD fans. Or you get a low FPI like the TC, XSPC RX, Black Ice SR-1 and run quiet less powerful fans. You don't understand the properties well enough yet.

A GPU under water is SOOOO much cooler than air that a few C lost (if that) on the second card is not an issue. My two GTX470's were 1-2C diff in series. And sensors are not that accurate to start with.

Take your time with the stickies, reading for a few DAYS won't hurt a bit.

The water temps anywhere in a normal loop is 1-3C diferent anywhaere.

I don't think you understand what high rstriction/low restriction and radiator air flow means.

For great powerful cooling from a rad you get a HIGH FPI rad like the BIX rad, and run POWERFUL LOUD fans. Or you get a low FPI like the TC, XSPC RX, Black Ice SR-1 and run quiet less powerful fans. You don't understand the properties well enough yet.

A GPU under water is SOOOO much cooler than air that a few C lost (if that) on the second card is not an issue. My two GTX470's were 1-2C diff in series. And sensors are not that accurate to start with.

Take your time with the stickies, reading for a few DAYS won't hurt a bit.

I do understand the fpi issue, i didnt know that the loop would only be a diffrence of between the gpu would be so little that i didnt know because this is going to be my first build

Back