• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gta 4 ENB Series Mod -anyone have this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Saw this, it looks amazing. I've had GTA4 on PC for a while but haven't installed it yet, looks like I have my motivation! :D

Does the mod come with the realistic cars like Audi's, Ferrari's, etc already in it or do you have to install those manually?

The guys who do the ENB series really are a talented bunch, but I have to say over-saturated colours does not equal better graphics.

I have tried out the latest version and it definitely looks better than the original with added lighting and reflection effects I have to say a lot of the other effects are simply achieved by over saturating various colours in the environment. This is particularly evident in RE5, Crysis and stalker ENB mods.

Does the mod come with the realistic cars like Audi's, Ferrari's, etc already in it or do you have to install those manually?

Those are all manually installed designs (using SPARKIV). Essentially it swaps out a custom design for an existing model, for example I would switch the infernus with the custom f430 design, It is possible to swap it with any other car but it will retain those attributes (ie. replacing a taxi will change the model but it will still drive and handle like a taxi).

OP: I do have this mod installed it has very impressive lighting and reflections(for an open world). However most of the other effects are achieved by over-saturating colours in the textures to make them "pop". As I said the best part of this mod is the lighting and reflection upgrades, definitely worth the install.

Looks awesome, but I didn't see any crashes.. unless I stopped it before they happen. Wonder what the cars look like then.. do they pixelate etc since its not the normal straight lines.

The mod author warns that version 1.0.4 is most compatible, the newest version of the game 1.0.7 is going to cause issues. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Aniso, Night Shadows, etc introduced with 1.0.7?

Those are all manually installed designs (using SPARKIV). Essentially it swaps out a custom design for an existing model, for example I would switch the infernus with the custom f430 design, It is possible to swap it with any other car but it will retain those attributes (ie. replacing a taxi will change the model but it will still drive and handle like a taxi).

OP: I do have this mod installed it has very impressive lighting and reflections(for an open world). However most of the other effects are achieved by over-saturating colours in the textures to make them "pop". As I said the best part of this mod is the lighting and reflection upgrades, definitely worth the install.

I see. Thanks. So you can replace any car model with any custom model and it just changes the look of the car, so I could replace the Cavalcade with a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 and I would have the Lambo model but the Lambo would be slow and handle like the SUV? In other words all the custom cars do is change the vehicle model and not the actual vehicle statistics like speed?

I haven't done any mods myself, but I believe many of the available cars out there are more than skins. I believe a modder will start with a car that already has similar handling an performance.

...so I could replace the Cavalcade with a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 and I would have the Lambo model but the Lambo would be slow and handle like the SUV? In other words all the custom cars do is change the vehicle model and not the actual vehicle statistics like speed?

Exactly, however the only restriction is car style should match(ie. 4dr with 4dr, coupe with coupe, etc). I found a decent compromise for sports cars was the Feltzer, it is very common and has decent specs.

Exactly, however the only restriction is car style should match(ie. 4dr with 4dr, coupe with coupe, etc). I found a decent compromise for sports cars was the Feltzer, it is very common and has decent specs.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. I think I'm motivated to install the game now.

What kind of FPS do you get with the mod on? I've heard GTA4 runs like crap on even beastly machines...

What kind of FPS do you get with the mod on? I've heard GTA4 runs like crap on even beastly machines...

I average about 40-60fps(ocasionally a bit below 30) on the machine in my sig(2500k), depending on the exact scene and area in the game. TBH I did not see much difference in performance when installing ENB(maybe ~4-5fps drop). For what it does GTA IV is very well optimized however it has heavy reliance on cpu, small overclocks go a long way.

Back