• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diablo 4, anyone playing this weekend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow that sucks, Mine was 8gb or so but it only took about 15 minutes for me. To be honest I didn't see much difference with my barb last night. I only played for a little bit but I was still clearing rooms as I always did. Drops seemed the same as well except for the extra items when finishing a NM dungeon. My son's druid also seemed just as powerful so maybe they haven't enabled it all yet or something. I don't know how all that works.

I'm really interested in seeing how Helltide is now. Seems like they are really trying to make that more difficult which might be fun.

I haven't seen any difference on helltide. I felt like items are not dropping so often, but maybe it's just a feeling, and I can get multiple boxes per hour, so it's not a big problem. I still see that sometimes I randomly die to 1-shots or to monsters that seem weak. I can't believe that monsters have something like 1000% overpower skills.

My biggest lag issues lately have been when porting back to town. I always get about 10-15 seconds of jumpy play while it loads everything. Hopefully that will get fixed on their end because I can't imagine my system not handling that easily.

I made a new cold sorc for the season and so far don't see the power everyone talks about. I expected him to be weak for the first bit like they always have been but as I level up he doesn't seem to be getting any better. Also is it just me or is the season quest line kind of confusing? I skipped the original campaign so I could get right to it but now it seems like I can't go anywhere. My only quest for the season is "to keep killing and wait for what comes next." Kind of weird considering its only been one day.

I have 94lvl, so it's weird to start a new character now for the season. Yesterday, after the update, I noticed that the game was working somehow better, but my max overpower damage is about 15% lower. One of the quests that was bugged finally worked for me yesterday.
Some quests are unlocking at higher levels, so maybe that's why you can't see them. I still have 1-4 unfinished quests for each area, but I can't find them. I was even checking quest by quest in some online guides, and I still can't find what I'm missing. There is no finished quest log or anything like that.

Was anyone else noticing you couldn't loot the random slain bodies laying around on your travels? It looked normal but they wouldn't roll or spit anything out as normal.

The patch was over 7GB for me and it was downloading at about 1-100kb/s for most of the time. It took about 5h to update and so far I see no difference. Some quests are still not working and problems with them were since beta.

I've got a fiber connection. I didn't even NOTICE the update. I think it took like 6 seconds or something crazy like that.

Just finished the main campaign. Obviously not nearly as satisfying as the original Diablo 2 campaign. I actually think Diablo 2: Remastered's campaign was better in every conceivable way. (It had better cutscenes and even ended on a better cliffhanger.)

The lag is killing me. I never play multiplayer. I prefer to get through the game at my own pace. This worked just fine in Diablo II: Remastered. You could setup an online game that was private with just you as the only player. No lag at all.

I could only get lagfree gameplay in Diablo IV in the depths of Hell.

Yea the lag when loading into town is still pretty bad. They really need to work on that. I don't get lag anywhere else though.

After reading the newest hotfix notes they are clearly going the way of D3 with D4. People are complaining about how hard it is so they are lowering the NM dungeons difficulty. This is exactly what happen with D3 when they had to lower difficulty because people cried about how hard it was. This combined with the drops increases of the big patch makes me worry about the final outcome. I guess I'm a minority but I like how hard the game is and liked D3 when it was a challenge. easy games get boring and I move on.

I've got a fiber connection. I didn't even NOTICE the update. I think it took like 6 seconds or something crazy like that.

Just finished the main campaign. Obviously not nearly as satisfying as the original Diablo 2 campaign. I actually think Diablo 2: Remastered's campaign was better in every conceivable way. (It had better cutscenes and even ended on a better cliffhanger.)

The lag is killing me. I never play multiplayer. I prefer to get through the game at my own pace. This worked just fine in Diablo II: Remastered. You could setup an online game that was private with just you as the only player. No lag at all.

I could only get lagfree gameplay in Diablo IV in the depths of Hell.

I have a 1Gbps fiber, and updates were taking way too much time. It wasn't a matter of my connection but Blizzard servers or too high load when I was downloading.

To reduce lag, I had to play at lower display details. I have no idea why, but this game shouldn't be so demanding, and it still lags all the time when I have higher display details. It's not low FPS; it simply gets a hiccup after a while.

Anyway, I reached 100lvl, and maybe I should read some more things before as I was sure I would be able to improve my character some more, like paragon points and other things. However, once you reach 100lvl, then there is nothing to do besides pushing yourself to pass a higher level dungeon or maybe try some pvp. There is no way to improve your character, dungeons are repeatable and boring after some time, and pvp is a joke in D4, so I'm done. The season feels like a total waste of time for me. The same ideas as in other games recently, and it's, in short, level-up a character to 100lvl and repeat. It's not really rewarding, and just like that, I passed 100lvl, and it was the end.

The community in D4 is just pathetic (but I guess most online games are not much different nowadays). All are spamming me with invites or following me to pick up drops. Invites only by low levels, so they could get something for free. Why would I party with a 5x level to do dungeons or anything else, when I have 90lvl+? Most people that I met in the last few days didn't even try to kill anything. They run on horses and clean the helltide or even regular spots for "tree rewards". I really don't play on 70lvl+ and the highest difficulty level to boost all around. As I mentioned before, all recent legion or world boss events were full of 5x-6x lvls that were just dying all the time.

I don't get lowering the difficulty. This is the highest difficulty in the game. No one makes anyone go to the top in the first week, or do the highest dungeons solo. They should check how hard are some Asian MMOs and people are not complaining, but I guess that Blizzard wants to satisfy those who pay the most.

Btw. Blizzard designers should check how a horse looks and moves. In other games like Black Desert Online, horses look much better and move much better.

Sucks you're having such a problem with the invites and spam. I must be doing something wrong because everyone basically ignores me lol. To be fair the Diablo community has always been full of gold/item spammers and getting rushed through at a low level has been a thing since the start.

Blizzard started listening to the complainers in D3 and ruined the game in my opinion. From what I've read they are well on their way to do this with D4 too. In the next patch they are making legendaries guaranteed to drop on just about everything and making the game easier. When they did this type of thing in D3 I would get 4-5 legendaries out of a chest every time which is just stupid. I spent more time sorting through the garbage than I did playing. I prefer rares drops with an occasional legendary so I can leave the rares if I wish.

I saw some info on horse changes coming next patch but I think they are mainly to quiet some complaints about getting on and off. Like making it so a horse can run through barricades. Another example of Blizzard caving to complainers about something stupid versus fixing real problems.

I've been playing a new whirlwind barb for the season and finally gave up last night. No matter what I tried I couldn't get it powerful enough to do damage like I do with my hammer of the ancients barb so I switched him to hammer of the ancients. The final straw was a ghoul with a bunch of cold mods that I couldn't kill so I went to town, switched skills and went back. I immediately killed the ghoul without problem and this is without items geared towards the hammer build. Hopefully I will get him sorted out today so I can move along.

This season came with my game version but so far I'm not planning on buying the next. Yes it brings a new quest line but I haven't seen any new items that are a must have and the heart things don't add enough powers to make it worth $10 or whatever it costs. Generally in games with seasons I wait until I work my way through the season then determine if I want to buy it after I make it to the end. I'm not sure that will work with the whole quest line thing Blizzard is doing so unless it adds a new land or something I'll skip it.

I have a 1Gbps fiber, and updates were taking way too much time. It wasn't a matter of my connection but Blizzard servers or too high load when I was downloading.

To reduce lag, I had to play at lower display details. I have no idea why, but this game shouldn't be so demanding, and it still lags all the time when I have higher display details. It's not low FPS; it simply gets a hiccup after a while.

Anyway, I reached 100lvl, and maybe I should read some more things before as I was sure I would be able to improve my character some more, like paragon points and other things. However, once you reach 100lvl, then there is nothing to do besides pushing yourself to pass a higher level dungeon or maybe try some pvp. There is no way to improve your character, dungeons are repeatable and boring after some time, and pvp is a joke in D4, so I'm done. The season feels like a total waste of time for me. The same ideas as in other games recently, and it's, in short, level-up a character to 100lvl and repeat. It's not really rewarding, and just like that, I passed 100lvl, and it was the end.

The community in D4 is just pathetic (but I guess most online games are not much different nowadays). All are spamming me with invites or following me to pick up drops. Invites only by low levels, so they could get something for free. Why would I party with a 5x level to do dungeons or anything else, when I have 90lvl+? Most people that I met in the last few days didn't even try to kill anything. They run on horses and clean the helltide or even regular spots for "tree rewards". I really don't play on 70lvl+ and the highest difficulty level to boost all around. As I mentioned before, all recent legion or world boss events were full of 5x-6x lvls that were just dying all the time.

I don't get lowering the difficulty. This is the highest difficulty in the game. No one makes anyone go to the top in the first week, or do the highest dungeons solo. They should check how hard are some Asian MMOs and people are not complaining, but I guess that Blizzard wants to satisfy those who pay the most.

Btw. Blizzard designers should check how a horse looks and moves. In other games like Black Desert Online, horses look much better and move much better.

It's kinda funny how the story of the game actually mirrors the game itself! :D "Sooooo... What do we do now?!" "I dunno, lad... Maybe we sit around and do nothing whilst powers greater than ourselves figure out what we should do?" "Well we can't just sit here and do NOTHING..." "Alright then, lad... Here's some busywork: Fetch me a Diet Coke." "What the hell is a Diet Coke...?" "Aye... All part of the adventure, lad! Fetch it and bring it forth! Maybe the Tree of Woe knows something... I'm off! (But find me if you get a Diet Coke. With a lemon slice and ice please...")

I see in the new patch notes they will be adding power to barb and sorc. I gave up on sorc pretty quick so I can't speak about them but I don't get the barb buffs at all. I have zero problems getting fury with my hammer build and now that I'm on Torment level items I am back to doing a 100k-300k per hit. That's with the first items I could get and no new armor yet so I assume he will only get stronger. While I got bored with WW my son stuck it out and his barb is very powerful with WW and Death Blow, already more powerful than his 70+ druid. To me they are chasing the wrong things to make whiners happy. Overall I have been very happy with the purchase and not sure why they keep making the game easier. To me an easy game is a boring game.

I was happy seeing how I was improving my character, and then *poof*, the game ended, and there was nothing else to do. I thought I would at least add more paragon nodes and improve it so I could make higher-level dungeons. I'm not playing it anymore, as it feels pointless.

As you've found out Diablo really isn't a game to play to the end. I look at it as an exercise in OCD control. For example my barb has been easily killing almost everything in game with 1-2 hits but I'm still trying to find that one or two items that will make him a little more powerful or kill a boss a little faster. For example I tried two new items last night that changed my build slightly with more damage but gave up some attack speed. I figure until I can 1-2 hit the Lilith echo I won't be happy. I also moved some skill points around to new passives because I had so many extra war cry points. This way it gives me more health but I still 7 total points to each war cry. I'm sure at some point I'll get bored but it will take me a while at this rate.

Everything about Diablo II was more satisfying. The story, the acting, the gameplay... heck... even the GRAPHICS after the Remastered Edition.

Much less strain on my computer, too (I can't quite figure out how any of those resources are being used... it's not like D4 is a graphics POWERHOUSE or something...)

As season 1 draws to a close and season 2 info starts being posted it looks like a lot of changes are coming.

Yea there is! I'm up to running t85 NM dungeons with my barb but I can't seem to get much higher or beat Uber Lilith so I'm ready for some new stuff. I like the new bosses coming for sure. I'm also really glad to see unique items will have their own special look because every other Diablo is that way so I'm not sure why this one doesn't have it.

I really want to make something other than another HOTA barb but haven't seen too much that can clear like I do now. Maybe I'll try WW or go a little crazy and try a rogue.

Back