• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diablo 4, anyone playing this weekend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think I'll try a Barbarian this season as I was playing necromancer for season one

Reading about the new critical and vulnerable damage stacking makes me wonder how viable the HOTA barb will be in season 2. I think I'll try a sorc again or maybe a rogue just to see if they play any better, then I can always fall back on my barb even if I make a WW.

Well so far Season 2 has started about as bad as Season 1. I'm getting heavy lag and disconnects pretty much all day but especially after 5pm eastern. The last two nights it was so bad I just gave up and watched tv instead.

When I do get to play, the rogue is interesting to learn. It's a different animal for sure but fun.

I was getting some lag last night but no disconnects. Lag was pretty severe at times

Got the game a couple weeks ago. Tried 3 classes. Sad they did away with the monk class, but I can make do without it. I had a barb main for season. In season 2 I opted to use a Rogue for my main.. The vampire powers are a neat feature. Except now I have to consider pacts in top of the other armor attributes when choosing from my drops.

I also experienced lag & connection drops the first couple of days, then they pushed a new update & it was much better. I am also playing via PS4 instead of PC. After playing D3 on PS4, I liked the controller mechanics so I stuck with it. I do remember playing D2 on my PC back in the day though.

I expect the monk to make an appearance in the expansion but with a different name so it can be male and female. I figure the Amazon will come around with a different name as well...Or at least I hope I so because I had a blast playing one in D2.

I'm still playing my rogue and just made it to Torment with him. After playing a barb since launch the rogue is a little squishy for my taste but with all the dodging and running to stay alive it is definitely not boring to play.

I did find some good news this morning that a cow level is in the game! Well sort of. So far there is a little cellar that takes quite a bit of work to get into. If anyone did any of the quest lines in the COD zombie modes this will be familiar with the multiple steps and long processes. I also have a feeling this is not the total quest line because of the way the zombie quests work. They always have points that seem like the end but have much more to them if the steps are known.

https://www.charlieintel.com/diablo/is-there-a-diablo-4-cow-level-257827/

So far my rogue is up to lvl 93 and growing on me. I'm using a hybrid version of the twisted blade build all over youtube that adds dark shadow. At this point I can kill all the bosses except uber Lilith in 30 seconds or less but only up to nightmare level 68 dungeons safely. I have yet to kill uber Lilith with any toon I've built to date but this rogue gets the closest. I can get her to zero health on her first stage before the dreaded waves but haven't figured out how to kill her second phase without dying. No uber uniques yet and if I can get the unique pants Tibault’s Will my damage will go up significantly so Lilith should go down.

Season 2 is an absolute blast imo. It really did save the game for me. Between the amount of damage we can do and the total monster count it is constant action limited only by my skill. The new larger dungeons are really fun and helltide is completely nuts. It took me most of season 1 to get to level 100 which I didn't like because I couldn't make more than one toon. The new XP gains are huge so I should have plenty of time to level multiple toons now. Its worth a second look if you got bored with season 1 for sure.

Hi, I came across an ad for BoostHive service. Could anyone tell me if it's reliable and profitable? I need to upgrade my diablo account as I have a lot of work to do and want to keep up with my friends..

(removed link)

Last edited by a moderator:
Removed your link... not sure if that's dubious or sneaky advertising, lol.

Boosthive appears to be an account leveling service? Is that legal?

Not really but Blizzard doesn't do much about it. These guys have been around since Diablo 2 and its a shady business for sure. They create the account then you pay for it after leveling and item collection. All high end items are account bound so trading is pretty much disabled and this gives the sellers a work around. Way too easy for one of them to take the account back imo. I would bet money this is a spam post.

Removed your link... not sure if that's dubious or sneaky advertising, lol.

Boosthive appears to be an account leveling service? Is that legal?

How can it be ILlegal???

I mean think about it: What LAW could there possibly be on the face of the Earth that says "ARTICLE V: SECTION III - You may not level-up another player's character in Diablo IV."

Can you truly imagine the Republicans... and the Democrats in the Senate teaming-up... bringing it to the floor... calling a vote... sending it to the House for approval... the house wanting to tack on another billion for or against the military plus an emergency stipend for Alpha Brain... before it gets back to the Senate where it is ratified and put in front of the President of the United States (whoever that may be at the time) and signed?

People confuse "LAW" with agreed-upon "terms." (Which are only enforceable because you agreed that they could be enforced when you loaded up the game. And... even then... only enforceable when the company CHOOSES to enforce them. "Modding", for example, is almost universally against most company's TOS... but most companies still encourage modding and Bethesda and CDProjekt RED will even give you the tools to do it. The TOS is just a way of covering their asses.)

So, NO... It is not ILLEGAL.

Not in any wild stretch of the imagination.

Famously... WWE wrestler Randy Orton paid $1000 to some kid to level-up his Elden Ring character: https://www.thegamer.com/wwe-randy-orton-paid-1000-dollars-to-level-up-his-elden-ring-character/#:~:text=WWE's Randy Orton reportedly,pretty big deal last year.

Why? BECAUSE HE'S RANDY ORTON. He has to kick people in the head and whatnot all over the world. He's a busy man... but he's been compelled by the story and he still wants to fight on.

This was not illegal. It was all over the news. I'm sure From Software was deliriously happy about this.

Here's Answer.com's take on the matter: https://www.answers.com/Q/Is_power_leveling_illegal

I think both of you owe the kid (who could be 80 for all I know) an apology.

I think both of you owe the kid (who could be 80 for all I know) an apology.
Brand new user drops a link in I happen to be concerned about, so I delete it and asked a question. FTR, illegal doesn't explicitly mean breaking the law. It could be rules of a game (illegal to touch a soccer ball with your hands - i dont see soccer players getting charged with crimes, lol) or TOS from a PC game, for example. Enforcement of potential consequences is laregly irrelevant.

Also, from your answer dot com link.......
PL Character Level with a service: It is not legal to have some one play your account for you and level your 'toon that way. This would involve allowing someone other than you access your account, and that is a HUGE no no.

Those two examples above are perfectly legal as they do not require someone other than your self to access your account.

To sum up: If you have someone access your account in order to power level your character, it is illegal.
...excuse my ignorance, but is what he linked a power leveling service? I dont know and why i asked. But it seems, without so mucb as a 'wild stretch of the imagination', it can be illegal(TOS).

If I'm missing something from full definition of illegal and the link you provided I quoted above, LMK.

Yes that is called power leveling. It was exactly what he was asking to get done.

Using RL money to buy in game items/power leveling is against the game's rules so yes illegal. It will get your account banned. I still say it was a spam post and the entire post should be deleted to avoid advertising it.

From the Blizzard EULA Part C, section 3:
Prohibited Commercial Uses: Exploit, in its entirety or individual components, the Platform for any purpose not expressly authorized by Blizzard, including, without limitation (i) playing the Game(s) at commercial establishments (subject to Section 1.B.v.3.); (ii) gathering in-game currency, items, or resources for sale outside of the Platform or the Game(s); (iii) performing in-game services including, without limitation, account boosting or power-leveling, in exchange for payment; (iv) communicating or facilitating (by text, live audio communications, or otherwise) any commercial advertisement, solicitation or offer through or within the Platform; or (v) organizing, promoting, facilitating, or participating in any event involving wagering on the outcome, or any other aspect of, Blizzard’s Games, whether or not such conduct constitutes gambling under the laws of any applicable jurisdiction, without authorization.

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/lega...500a402ea/blizzard-end-user-license-agreement

Last edited:
It's not a spam post. He was genuinely asking (I reached out to the user). The link was removed from the get...nobody is advertising anything.

That said, I appreciate the additional details you provided. As suspected, It's against the TOS/illegal. I mean, the 'cops arent gonna get ya' but, 'you can't play this game anymore' if caught. There are consequences for breaking the TOS using this type of service, it seems.

This... was a kid (or maybe elderly senior citizen) asking a legit question about his favorite game. Some of those people might be new users. Jesus... You guys were treating him like a wanted criminal.

The VERY FIRST POST i ever responded to on this forum was someone who simply asked if it was POSSIBLE to install MacOS on a PC.

I forget who it was who shouted at him... in all caps: "NO! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! YOU'LL GO TO JAIL."

He may have been a mod or something...

You can imagine where it went from there. :)

Against the TOS? Maybe. No one at Apple seemed to care. But "IMPOSSIBLE"?!!?!

Somehow Apple had no problem developing an entire facility to boot Windows on a Mac... Hell... I don't know if it ever even WAS against the TOS... but I know there were hundreds of posts here after that about installing Windows on a Mac/Mac on Windows and Mac and Windows on a Linux box...

(Whatshisface faded into obscurity and I'm still here today.)

The CORRECT to Mr. Mikerall's question was: "If it gets your account banned... then it's probably not worth it."

Plus a lot of those sites are probably just credit card jackers anyway.

It would be too hard to know which ones to trust and not to trust.

Calling the dude a "spam user"... TWICE... after he made it clear he wasn't... was a bit too much.

He was just asking if he could rely on such sites.

Lol, he doesn't need a white knight. Move on ffs. It was already handled.

Sometimes, when you're new, it's just nice to see that somebody cares.

Ya know? <3

Green Manalishi for me when I was the new guy. I wouldn't still be here if it wasn't for him.

ANYWAY! Back to Diablo IV.

They lost a LOT of people that they're never going to get back. Including myself and everyone I started with (about 20 people).

That includes my best friend. He bought the PREMIUM Edition (whatever that is).

He's the one who convinced ME to get it. Now he's so upset that he won't even mention the name of the game again.

They're never getting him back.

And they're never getting ME back. (I think one guy out of the 20 might play this game again... a DIEHARD Diablo fan... and he's a MAYBE.)

That's bad... That's reaaaaally, really bad.

Such a huge opening... this could've been the most successful Blizzard game of all time... but there are very few second chances in gaming.

Cyberpunk will never be as big as it would've been if they'd waited two years to release it.

All Diablo IV had to do was wait about 3 months apparently. Everything would've been fine.

Last edited:
Anyways....My first uber rare dropped from Duriel this weekend! It was The Melted Heart of Selig amulet. Sadly I have no use for it but neat to get one regardless. I was hoping it would further add to the Tiibult's Will maximum resources and give my rogue even more bonus point damage but it doesn't. I've done about 10 Duriel runs so not too bad of a drop ratio all things considering.

Back