• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a good motherboard to SLI MSI N560GTX-TI Hawk's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ossadtchii

Registered
Hello forum.

Recently i bought a second MSI GTX 560 ti Hawk Graphics card and soon realized that with my current Asus P6X58D-E motherboard i have absolutely no room to sli my 2 cards :(

when i connect the 2 cards in PCIe slot 1 and 2 the top card gets well over 86C while the other maxes out at 60-70C + i need to push the top card up or the fans touch my bottom card.

so i tried putting the second card in the bottom PCIe slot but i encounter 2 problems.
1: with my current pc case i don't have enough slots as i have 7 and i need 8.
2: with my motherboards layout i might have a problem as all the usb and audio connectors for the front are below that 3rd PCIe slot.

So what i need is a Socket 1366 motherboard with plenty of room to SLI these 2 cards and run a stable 4ghz OC with room for my noctua cpu cooler.

Current setup:
Antec 1200 Full tower Case
Intel Core i7 930 2.88Ghz @4,01Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
Asus P6X58D-E Motherboard
MSI GTX 560 TI HAWK
OCZ solid 3 60GB SSD (500W/450R)
500GB Sata HDD for storage
Corsair Dominator GT 3x2GB 1600Mhz 7-7-7-20
Power Flower Aurora 750W PSU

The only board that I see that has much different x16 slot layout then what you already have.

EVGA 131-GT-E767-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI 3 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Thnx for the Reply. im going to look at it and compare to some others i found. but id like to see more if there is more.

this are the ones i found

Asrock X58 Extreme 3
172304d1284442392-1366-motherboard-suitable-sli-e3.jpg

Asrock X58 Extreme 6
172299d1284439667-1366-motherboard-suitable-sli-e6.jpg

Asus P6T Deluxe V2
172305d1284442392-1366-motherboard-suitable-sli-p6t-v2.jpg

Having had a bud with one of these >> Asus P6T Deluxe V2 << well that would be my personal leaning. But it is your large card and case configuration that you will have to allow fitment for. Good luck man.

Having had a bud with one of these >> Asus P6T Deluxe V2 << well that would be my personal leaning. But it is your large card and case configuration that you will have to allow fitment for. Good luck man.

i know my situation is hard. i wish i had not made this mistake but i think that if there is absolutely no other option for my current setup then i could consider paying a :censored::censored::censored::censored:load of money for a Asus rampage iii extreme.

Hello forum.

Recently i bought a second MSI GTX 560 ti Hawk Graphics card and soon realized that with my current Asus P6X58D-E motherboard i have absolutely no room to sli my 2 cards :(

when i connect the 2 cards in PCIe slot 1 and 2 the top card gets well over 86C while the other maxes out at 60-70C + i need to push the top card up or the fans touch my bottom card.

so i tried putting the second card in the bottom PCIe slot but i encounter 2 problems.
1: with my current pc case i don't have enough slots as i have 7 and i need 8.
2: with my motherboards layout i might have a problem as all the usb and audio connectors for the front are below that 3rd PCIe slot.

So what i need is a Socket 1366 motherboard with plenty of room to SLI these 2 cards and run a stable 4ghz OC with room for my noctua cpu cooler.

Current setup:
Antec 1200 Full tower Case
Intel Core i7 930 2.88Ghz @4,01Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
Asus P6X58D-E Motherboard
MSI GTX 560 TI HAWK
OCZ solid 3 60GB SSD (500W/450R)
500GB Sata HDD for storage
Corsair Dominator GT 3x2GB 1600Mhz 7-7-7-20
Power Flower Aurora 750W PSU

hi there,

i had the same problem after buying the cards and saw your post..
for my case, i'm using cooler master HAF X case which comes with additional expansion slot.. and what i did was to SLI them in 1x PCIE x16 and 1x PCIE x8 at the most btm..

here's some pic..

136.jpg
137.jpg

hope it helps

Same problem...

Like DOH... I did the same mistake. Same problem with the lowest PCI rail too, the audio and USB stuff is in the way plus, my Thermaltake Eureka case is huge, but the motherboard is mounted in a way that even if I would find a way to plug the audio and USB it would leave very little space for the card to "breath".

Playing BF3 the upper card goes to 90 degree Celsius in no time. a clear no-go.

Now my two questions:
What did you end up buying?
And if an AsRock what is your experience?

I normally buy exclusively asus motherboards since 1999, but I don't seem to be able to find the Asus P6T Deluxe V2 anywhere anymore. 'Cept used...

Thanks for filling me in, if you found a solution.

Ok... Ima gonna answer my own question here but I thought I share this.

I ended up buying the MSI Big Bang X58 board. Seems to be a nice board but most importantly it has 6 PCI-E x16 slots and it will be possible to mount the two MSI Geforce 560 TI Twin Forzer far enough apart.

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Big-Bang-XPower.html

I hope I made a good choice. I was on Asus boards for over ten years now...

Back