• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM Allocation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Old Gregg

Registered
Is it possible to use some system memory as video memory? If so how would I go about changing settings?

On AMD Hybrid Crossfire boards this is the case with certain video cards but not sure with Intel systems. Besides, the system ram is probably slower than the video card ram and would probably degrade performance.

If i run sli will it actually be 2gb of video ram or is it cut down to like 1.5?

You'll have 1GB of vRAM with SLI. vRAM isn't added together when in SLI/CFX b/c each GPU has access to 1GB total when rendering. Do you need more than 1GB? What resolution are you gaming at and what AA settings?

1920x1080 Crysis 2 Farcry 2 Metro 2033 GTA4 all extreme settings. The only thing i cant turn all the way up is GTA4 in the distance you can see. It needs somewhere around 1.1G of ram for that.

Back