• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with new computer build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zaka

Hello,

I got problem problem with my mew computer build. So i have 2 6870hds, i can set them to crossfire but second cards fan isnt spinning and im not is it even using the card, i tried to play metro 2033 for a while but got bsod.

Specs:
Mobo: msi fx990 gd 65 atx am3+
Psu: corsair tx750w v2
Cpu: amd phenom ii 1100t be

Mobo seems to have one connector, but my psu doesnt have that kind of cable. I think the connector is 6 pin atx. Do i have to buy new psu or what?
Thanks

Your PSU should have plenty of the 6 pin (likely 6+2 PCIe) and are labeled as such.

So the second cards fan doesnt spin at all?

To see if you are getting any activity out of the second card, DL and install MSI afterburner and start up a game for a bit, then jump out and look at the GPU use graph.

Welcome!

Okay, i tested the afterburner with black ops, and i got activity on both cards, i think im gonna take the second off and check the fan's cable. Thanks for your help EarthDog

Edit: Yep, it was the fan cable, strange, it was fresh from the package, yeah well, props for club3d for not connecting the cables in factory. Thanks again, i was preparing to buy a new PSU... saved like 100e.

Last edited:
Back