• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Berkely server issue is reason for me to quit...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lancelot

Most of the time I turn my rig on when I get home from work and leave her running all evening and overnight until I leave for work again. I leave her on ONLY cuz she's always crunching SETI in the background, but lately nothing is happening all the time and it's just a waste of power and no fun or satisfaction to leave my rig on.

Have you tried using one of the public SETIQueues our team members have setup recently? Should get you going again with much less trouble. :)

Cy

Will the last one out turn off the lights?

I'm done with SETI. There's no point to burning rubber if you're just making smoke and not getting anywhere. Maybe somebody can do some distributed computing to find out if there is intelligent life at Berkeley.

Just a suggestion, but why don't some of the disgruntled seti guys form a sub-team and help your Folding team (currently 3rd in the world). Over at OCAU (overclockers Australia) some of the seti folk have done this, and are flying up the team's folding charts.

I personally have setidriver running, but it has a big queue of unsent WU's and it has trouble getting more. I also have Folding running, so if it does run out of WU's it will take over on that (seti by default has a higher priority than folding).

When Berkeley get's their act together, you can go back to seti full time.

*IF* i run out of WU's
i still have 20 on my pc and 25 cached on a setiqueue i will consider folding
however there is no caching option for folding,and im on dialup
hence wont be that worthwhile

Specifications Subject to Change Without Notiice

I read the posts about the servers being back up

...and seeing how I didn't want to wast the wu's I had already completed I connected to download the completed units

...and I'm back to crunching.

Re: Specifications Subject to Change Without Notiice

Greg M said:
I read the posts about the servers being back up

...and seeing how I didn't want to wast the wu's I had already completed I connected to download the completed units

...and I'm back to crunching.

Glad to hear :)

start a queue on one of the servers 2 of our members setup they will cache alot of work units for ya incase the server goes down again

I'm on cable ISP so I don't wanna install and run any caching programs I just want to run SETI, and it being able to get a new WU when it needs to...

Whys is everybody quiting? The server is so much better now. I uploaded all my WUs and was able to DL 40 more WUs. Dont quit. We need all of you!

Back