• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement for P5N-E SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alt00174

I have a P5N-E SLI mobo that just burned out and I'm looking for suggestions on a more modern replacement.

Current graphics card is an 8800 GT, please let me know if you need any more information to help.

Thanks!

:welcome: to OCForums!

What's your budget? Do you only have enough for a motherboard? I ask because, you shouldn't put more into LGA775 unless you absolutely have to, which may be your case.

Do you plan on overclocking at all?

I'm not super limited on budget, I don't want to go crazy but I want strong performance on modern games and multi tasking with work apps like Photoshop etc. If that would require replacing other parts then I'm at least open to suggestions.

As far as overclocking, I will do it if that's the best option (or rather, have my techie buddy do it, lol).

Basically I'm a longtime computer user with almost zero actual hardware knowledge, so dumb it down for me :)

What CPU are you currently using? What resolution will you be gaming at?

You can get a whole new platform change for ~$450 shipped with the following:

$220: i5 2500K (4 cores, no HT)
$160: GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 (CFX/SLI capable)
$60: 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24

Back