• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Time Builder: Thoughts Needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CaptBuckNasty

Hi, this is my first time building a pc and I need help putting together some components. I want to build a higher end pc at about $2500 (excluding monitor, keyboard, mouse). I'll be using it for gaming, video editing, photoshopping, etc. I'm new to this so if there are any components not compatible with each other or can recommend something better (or if unneccessary), please let me know.

Here is my list:

MotherBoard: EVGA Z68 FTW 1155
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4Ghz
Video: EVGA GTX Classified 590 Hydro Copper
Ram: Corsair Dominator GT 12Gb
Harddrive: Western Digital Cavalier Black 1Tb
Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
Optical: Sony Blu-Ray Optical Drive
SSD: ??
Water Cooler: ??
Power Supply: ??

P.S: I'm planning on using multiple monitors in the future to do some Eyefinity action w/ high resolution. Maybe planning to overclock too..

Please leave your thoughts. THANKS!!

Water cooling isn't necessary. Especially for a first timer, with a Sandybridge chip, and given the air coolers now available on video cards.

If you want to use 3 or more monitors, you're better off going for an AMD solution with 2 or 3 6970s.

Back