• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frozenq Reservoir Clips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lookingwest

Registered
I just received delivery on a Frozenq Liquid Fusion V series 400ml reservoir with extended mounting clips. The radius of the mounting clips is such that the only way to fit the reservoir tube inside the clip is to 'snap' the tube into the clip or to take the acetyl cap off the reservoir and slide the tube into the clip. I'm not feeling very comfortable with 'snapping' the tube into the clip. I'm concerned something will crack. And, it seems odd that the acetyl cap has to be taken off to fit the reservoir.

So..............anyone have any experience with these reservoirs? How do I mount the tube in the mounting clips?

Thanks,
Lookingwest

looks to me like it should slide in, not snap in. acrylic doesn't have that much give.

looks to me like it should slide in, not snap in. acrylic doesn't have that much give.

Yep. I agree with you and Conumdrum. Caution is the operative word. I decided to take the top acetyl cap off with a strap wrench. I then slid the cylinder into the mount. There is NO play between the clip and the cylinder. It fits very firm. This means that if one were to snap the cylinder into the clip................the clip would likely crack..........or the cylinder........or both. I'm surprised that Alex doesn't include anything about this in the installation instructions. I guess in the end common sense prevails.

Thanks,
Lookingwest

Back