• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yog

I have a Gigabyte Motherboard GA-P35-DS3L, I actually had two. One was in my main rig and worked great with a Q6600, the other was in my HTPC and it worked great with a E6600, until one day I came home and it had crashed. I turned it off and turned it back on again and from that point on I kept getting the BSOD memory dump error. I've been able to load windows completely, and then it will crap out on me when all updates are installed. I figured it was the motherboard and bought another one off fleabay, but it didn't do anything.

Is it possible that my CPU is messed up or do you think it is the mobo? I have replaced this combo now and would like to sell it but want to figure out what is wrong with it. Any ideas?

If you changed out the motherboard and same symptoms still continue you might try as below to eliminate the components of failed rig.

IF your replacement system can use the power supply from old rig, you could substitute the new P/S with the older and see if new system still works.

If you changed the system from Intel to AMD then you cannot substitute the processsor into your new system for test.

If you changed ram from DDR2 to DDR3 in new system then you cannot substitute failed system ram from old system into new for test.

At this point there is not a lot you can do but power up old system and run Memtest86+ for at least 5 full passes to see if the ram seems okay. If that all seems okay and you could n0t make any substitutions as above then your are stuck unless you can do some substituting using a buds rig to test your pieces. Don't see any other routes to take since you are into a substitute for test place in your situation.

With the new motherboard nothing happened, the fans spin up and then shut off. No video signal, nothing. I checked the video card in another system and it is fine, I checked the RAM in another system and it is fine, I used the power supply in another system and it worked. I do not have another 775 board or another CPU to check out which is bad.

Back