• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED GTX 570 problem *HELP*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cabose933

Hi, this is my second build. My GTX 570 that i got a while ago did not work for me. I returned it then i got a new one but it still didn't work so i got suspicious. i gave it to a friend to test it out and it worked for him. WHAT!?!? i have no idea what is wrong. i have a good enough psu. When i install the GTX 570 the computer would start up, the fan on the card would spin but it wont boot into the OS. the motherboard beeps 1 long beep and 2 short beeps which means its a video card problem. My motherboard is from a different region though. its from the asian region, i picked it up there when i was visiting because it was significantly cheaper.

Here are my specs:
AZZA solano case
i7 2600k
msi p67a-gd65
ati hd 5770
1tb samsung harddrive
ZALMAN CNPS11X cpu cooler
corsair vengeance 8gb
OCZ modxtreme pro 700w

It shouldn't really matter where the motherboard came from as they are all produced in the same location in the end.

I looked it up and it appears someone else had exactly the same problem:
http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/915845-gtx-570-msi-p67a-gd65.html

They said the motherboard's current BIOS did not support the card, which is what caused the problem (from here http://www.msi.com/file/test_report/TR1_2225.pdf). After updating the BIOS it worked flawlessly.

So go to the MSI website and grab the latest BIOS for your board (using the old GPU) and see if that helps!

yeah, ive updated to the latest bios on the msi website (1.e) and it still wont work for me... it works on my other comp tho... man this sucks. i have no idea what is going on.

yeah ive already done that. im using it right now with an older card. i think it might be a compatibility issue. who knows... i might get a new mobo to see if that's the problem

honestly it sounds like thats exactly what the problem is, at this point if you have done all your updates and all the settings in the bios are correct then thats the only thing you can do.

i really dont want to have to do that but i gotta do what i gotta do... :p

Wish me luck.

Luck has been given.

Hope has been had.

Wheres my cake?

Worst case scenario, contact msi(i have the z68 version of your mobo) or try the second slot. if the second slot does not work, rma it for one of their new G3 stepping boards and be ready for ivy bridge when it comes XD.

I do have the b3 version of the board and i have tested it in a different slot. I bought a z68 mobo from newegg and its on its way. Im gonna test it out, hopefully it works.

It says at the bottom of the box p67a-gd65 and theres a sticker that says "msi b3 steppinh ready"

i should also mention that i have the HD version of the gtx 570. sorry about not mentioning it earlier.

Last edited:
I meant the Z68 version.

As for the HD version, its the same card, just not reference. That means it is on a different PCB.

yeah i got it to work with the new mobo. its working perfectly now :)

I have no idea what im gonna do with my old one though...

Back