• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock for 6950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exia989

I just recently picked up sapphire 6950 dirt 3 edition cards, and i noticed that its a little difficult to find waterblocks for them.

My cards are running a little warmer than i would like, so i am starting to look into watercooling. Ideally, i would like a full cover block.

Anyone have any suggestions?

full cover are expensive and can't not re-used. so bascially you pay almost $100 for little benefit when you can use that extra $100 to upgrade a better card.

however universal GPU block can be reused and is cheaper. and it can fit almost all GPU. I'm currently using 2xgtx470 with mcw82 & ek supreme vga block to cool GPU, combine with stock heatsink cover and stock fans to cool the mosfet/vram. getting 28C@800mhz(stock was 607mhz), at full load never exceed 36C.

are you need to do is take the stock GPU heatsink off, take the plastic cover off, but keep the metal full cover sink that has the fan on it for cooling mosfet. slap a universal GPU on it, and you are good to go.

do something similar to this. and it should work for 6950 too. since adapter are all there for the Water block

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?255092-GTX-470-w-Swiftech-MCW80

Back