• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead ENGTX 260?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HipReap

Hi everyone,first post here so hope it's the right section.
From yesterday my desktop pc stopped working.
I was playing a game and,after 30-45 seconds the pc totally shutdown without giving me blue screen ecc...

I tried to turn on it but here what it does:
-All fan are running (cpu fan,2 case fan and mobo fan);
-Power comes to HDD since i hear them start and running;
-The GPU fan is down,and i think the GPU too since i don't have NOTHING at screen ["no signal"] and it only get a FEW heat after 10 minuts that i turn on the power.

Now,my suspect is that the GPU is broken,but before changing it i'd like someone opinion tell me the same.

My thoughts:
-I tried to connect the GPU power also with 2 adapter
molex-to-pci-express-2.jpg

so i don't think the problem is the +12v line of the PSU.
-I have 2 PCI-E connector on the mobo and both doesn't work,also the fan and power button on the mobo run,so i think the mobo bus are ok.
-The GPU fan does not even run and GPU does not heat up so i think it's not even running and that make me think that it's the problem.

What you guys think?
(don't base your opinion on my idea that's the gpu please)

Thanks in advance.

Ps:the gpu fan should run only with power or it need also data from mobo to run? (just to exclude the mobo problem)

Back