• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8P67 Deluxe - HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nohr

Hi all,

first, im pretty new to building a computer so i really need some help so i can play on my new machine.

Got:
i5 2500k
8 gb 1600 mhz ram
Asus gtx 570
Asus P8P67 Deluxe
1000w coolermaster powersuply

I got it all working last night (yay) but my cpu was too hot about 90*

So i turned my comp off and moved my cpu cooler a little and tried to start the computer again. But got some errors. the pci led is red now and my motherboard writes the codes AA, AE and A2. Tried to look in the manuel and search the internet - no luck on my problem :(

So im pretty desperat - hope someone can help me.:confused:

update

oh btw - tried to remove the cooler paste and apply some new - and even put on the standard cpu cooler from the i5 package. so im almost pretty sure the problem isnt on the cpu...

i also tried to change the graphics card - same problem.

Try resetting the CMOS on the motherboard, I'm not sure if your motherboard has a button for it, but worth checking. If not, you may need to move/use a jumper or remove the motherboad battery for a few minutes then put it back in. 90C is way too hot. Are you 100% sure that the HSF was mounted properly? Are you only using the stock cooler?

Since you are pretty new at building computers.

1) Check the bottom of the copper square of your heatsinkfan. Sometimes people for get to remove the clear protective tape that covers most copper based HSFs.

2) Did you scratch any of the traces on the motherboard? Were you a little rough while installing the HSF?

3) Did you get any thermal paste in the CPU sockett?

Back