• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stanford Responds!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kendan

Senior Punk
Here is there explanation to what machines they benchmark on.
Michael from F@H here,

One important point that should clear some things up.

We have been benchmarking on the SAME machines since F@H started. Those machines are Celeron 500's. Some of the people in the lab (including myself) thought they were Celeron 400's, which is not the case - we rechecked last week when recalibrating the protein A subunit. All the benchmarking machines are 500's, and always have been. It's a slow machine nowadays, true - but it's how we've been benchmarking things from the beginning, and we are trying to be consistent.

The entire lab spent Thursday and Friday at a conference in San Francisco and have been very busy (I personally only got 4 hours of sleep over two nights as I was preparing research from F@H to present at the conference), so we haven't been able to check the list very much - that is part of the reason there hasn't been many posting by us.

Cheers,
Michael Shirts
Folding@Home Team
Stanford University

I'm glad that they cleared that subject up, about the benchmark machines. At least we now know that they are staying consistent with the machines they are benchmarking on. :cool: Since they are re-benchmarking the proteinA series, I imagine that they will find that the machines are definitely taking more processing time per point earned than their original tests, if they use the same series of WU's that they are sending out to us to work on.:)

Back