• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best deal in my life!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedCell989

Registered
So I was walking around Goodwill this morning (secondhand/thrift store) and I came across a 1st gen xbox with super super nice component video cables and controller, it was marked $14.95, I was like.... hmmm wonder whats wrong with it.

At the same time knowing since xbox 360 most people just throw it out if it has a tiny issue (like overheating from dust or bad fan etc) so I brought it home and sure enough it shut off after a few seconds, so I opened it up, cleaned the massive amounts of dust out of the fan and case etc, cleaned the heatsinks and fans, remounted and added arctic silver to heatsinks, while I was doing that I noticed that it had an Xecutor CE mod done to it, and also a 250GB hard drive mod, so I buttoned it all up, turned it on, and walah! works like a charm. 1000+ games for $14.95.

Sweet!

Back