• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8Z68 Multi Monitor Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morhas

Hi OCF!

Long time lurker here who finally has the funds to build my first decent rig. The computer is going to be my main machine. It will be used as a multi tasking work machine with a little gaming here and there. Most importantly, I'm looking to run a 3 display (two 20" and one 22") setup, but would like the option of adding a fourth or fifth display.

My Part List:
Core i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68 (Right now I'm trying to decide between the P8Z68-V LE, P8Z68M-Pro, and the P8Z68-V Pro)
8GB ddr3
Geforce 9600gt <----Already have this from old build

I was wondering how many displays I could run using just the graphics on the P8Z68-V and my old 9600gt? My 9600gt has two dvi ports, and the Mobo has either 3 or 4 video ports depending on the model I choose (P8Z68M-Pro has a display port too). Am I able to run two displays on the 9600 gt and another one or two off the onboard graphics? Or am I only able to run one at a time?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm on a ever tightening budget so I want to make sure I get this right the first time.

AFAIK, you can run two monitors off the 9600GT and two off the Intel HD 3000. Even if you have ports, you can't get more then four running.

If you want some good budget boards, the ASRock Extreme3 GEN3 and Extreme4 GEN3 are good choices. If you want to go ASUS, I'd recommend the P8Z68-V GEN3.

Back