• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miseroth

hi im new to the forum

im looking for a good easy build for my i7 920 on an asus p6t board currently running windows 7 ultimate 64bit with corsair XMS3 ram (20gb) can anyone help?

What is your budget?
What do you intend to use the computer for?
--If gaming, what games are you going to play, what quality do you want to play them at, and at what resolution?
Do you have any parts that you've purchased already or that you can "recycle" from a previous build (monitor, optical drives, hard drives, etc)?

What is your budget?
What do you intend to use the computer for?
--If gaming, what games are you going to play, what quality do you want to play them at, and at what resolution?
Do you have any parts that you've purchased already or that you can "recycle" from a previous build (monitor, optical drives, hard drives, etc)?

Sorry maybe I phrased it wrong I'm looking for the settings I already have a build

It doesn't give specific numbers because each piece of hardware will overclock differently, even if it is the exact same model. Finding settings that work for you is trial and error. The guide will help you find those values.

Can you list out your full system specs (including heatsink and exact model power supply)? Is that 50c while at idle? If so, that seems awfully high.

is it stable at those temps in prime 95? because if not, youre just asking for a hard lock or reboot ;)

Back