• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[email protected] Ghz Temperatures with EK Supreme HF or similar water cooling systems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
before you go there..

what you want from your system?
just performance, or want it quiet?

from what I know, the 2700k can actually clock very well from air cooling too.
but will be noisey using air.

I am looking for stable 5.0Ghz but if i run Prime 95 my core temperatures rise to 75-81C . I just need to know if this is normal. or i need to do something with my cooling. maybe something is not ok. All six fans on my rad are running around 1000 - 1200 rpm.
idle temp per core are 40-44-37-48. looks like a bit to hight. In games Like B3 Max cores temp seen was 69-70.

I am looking for stable 5.0Ghz but if i run Prime 95 my core temperatures rise to 75-81C . I just need to know if this is normal. or i need to do something with my cooling. maybe something is not ok. All six fans on my rad are running around 1000 - 1200 rpm.
idle temp per core are 40-44-37-48. looks like a bit to hight. In games Like B3 Max cores temp seen was 69-70.

Ok mate I have an xspc Rasa 750 RS 360 kit running at the mo. My 2700k is running @ 5ghz @ 1.46 V's ( please tell us your Volts as it might shed some light on yours temps) and i get about 68-70 c after about an hour of prime95.

The reason i might be having lower temps is also cos i have HT turned off. Start by turning that off. That will drop your temps by about 5c. I mean we have similar performing blocks, the same amount of rad ( although my fans are running at 1700rpm.) So that should give you a ROUGH!!! ( keep that in mind) idea of what temps you might be getting. But ideally we need to know the voltage you are running at. I managed to drop my load temps by about 5c by finding my lowest stable voltage. ( i could probs even drop it lower.)

In the end you could just have a toasty chip. But as long as you are not breaking 80c while loading you are safe. As i said there are a couple of things you can do to drop your temps ie voltage and HT. Temps will vary from chip to chip so i wouldnt worry too much. You can also check that your block is seated right/ u spread the CPU paste correctly and its got an even cover.

What is your ambient temperature? What voltage are you at?

Also, whats the point of buying a CPU with HT to disable it? Of course that is part of the reason, along with your fan speed being 50-70% faster, for your temps to be lower Xander. ;)

What is your ambient temperature? What voltage are you at?

Also, whats the point of buying a CPU with HT to disable it? Of course that is part of the reason, along with your fan speed being 50-70% faster, for your temps to be lower Xander. ;)

Im only working with a push setup atm though, by the sounds of it hes working with a push pull.

Whats the point of disabling HT? cos unless im encoding / using a program like photoshop/ final cut i wont be using it. There are little or no benefits to it whilst gaming apart from more heat. When i do some encoding/ do work on a program that can use it i enable it in bios when i turn my comp on. I generally know when im going to be needed it so work to that. I will get more benefit while gaming having a few c knocked off my temps and being able to reach a higher max OC than having HT enabled. ;)

Also i got my 2700k for about £30 more than a 2500k so bargain really :p

My 2600k@5GHz/1.46v/HT on hits 70°C max under prime95/blend.

Ambient 22°C, loop in sig+3x1800rpm fans/push.

My Voltage is 1.46 now. i had it on 1.45 but sometimes i was getting blue screen playing battlefield. Ok temp now on idle 38-43-36-43, room temp 23 degrees C. What is not ok is when i run prime95 after 5-10 seconds temp are like 79-83-81-85. just like that. nothing like 70°C.
With HT disabled i am getting temp like 68-75-72-74 C.

Last edited:
I think so.
I am idling@25°C, but I use offset and vcore is 1v for 1600MHz.

Back