• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultta LSP 600 Watt Work With AMD 6850 Will i need adapter????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stevoman1979

I bought a Ultra 650 power supply,then on a whim i decided i needed a new video card plus it was a great prices 110 with free shippin on ebay
XFX Double 6850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150515

ill also be adding a amd phenom II4 955 i plan on overclocking it to 3.7 to 4.0 i seen on several forums it can be done easily with a stock cooler

i was wondering if that would be enough to do all that and will i need a adapter for the video card?? the power suppy has 2 Six pins the card needs 2x6 is that a 2x6 pin or two six pins??

heres the specs
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1554173&CatId=1483

ill be running 1033 DDR3 and one maybe to dvd drives i only plan on over clocking the pc and wonder about needing a adapter for video card

thanks for helping a newbie on this

almost forgot motherboard is MSI 890FXA-GD65
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/890FXA-GD65.html

is it a good power supply for that i found mixed reviews for it as i said i orignal bought it as simple power supply to power the basics otherwise i was thinking of buying a better one and selling that one

They are good and bad in all Electronics, But to answer your question. They are good, Not as good as like Corsair, Super Flower, Antec, But for that price as long as it works good and your happy with it.. Cant realy beat it :)

It's a dubious PSU at best really, very low 12 V rating (32 amps) for a "600w" unit, dubious manufacturer.
I wouldn't load it much if I were you.
Ideally, return it and buy a quality unit.

That doesn't make it a good idea to risk frying other hardware IMO.
A corsair 430w could likely match the Ultra unit and costs ~$40, while being a safe, known good, unit. (Plus $15 MIR, for $25 after MIR)
$10 is worth it IMO.

To be fair, I seriously doubt that build will use more than maybe 300-330w, the Ultra ought to be able to manage that, but I'd still replace it when possible.
Being generally broke myself I can tell you that it'd hurt awful bad to not spend an extra $15 and fry $500 of hardware.

Thats the reason i told him that "they are good, But not as good as" Them brands, And a 430watt PUS? That card alone needs like to 500 recommended and thats not includeing all the other stuff he might want to try to run with it.. THink that It would be enough
?

Card has a ~130W TDP.
Chip has a 125W TDP.
Stock clocks on both plus hardware and I doubt you'd see 300.
OC both a bunch and you might see 400 W. 400 W is getting close to the rating on the Corsair, but it's equally close (perhaps closer!) to the maximum you're likely to get out of the Ultra, too.
The ultra should be badged as a 450w, given its 12 V rail. Whether it can actually put out its claimed 32a 12v is questionable as well, while we know that the corsair will do 28a of 12v quite happily.

Back