• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CF 7770 vs one 7850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
k thank you for your replys if its by that much saving 50$ getting two 7770 not worth it. compared to one 7850.

Even if you get better performance, the increased power consumption/heat output/lack of upgrade option makes the single cars a better choice.

Lower end cards also tend not to do as well in multi-card configurations.

i was thinking about it because i had heard that the 7770 scaled quite well in CF

But two 7850 will do better down the road when a 2nd one will be cheaper. It's always better to start with the best single card you can afford. Being able to upgrade by adding a 2nd later is a bonus.

k you guys convinced me, ill get the 7850 when the price comes down or its on sale. thanks for the input everyone

thanks for the input people. I went with a 7950 because it was on sale there were no good 7850s on sale.

I'm looking at the 7950 gpu, could you tell me where you purchased yours? Is yours the HD 6950.
Hope this is a good gpu so keep us posted on that.

is 1033 a good score for heaven with 1920 x 1200 res and all settings max with a 7950?

You want to ask the guys in the Benching Activity section about the Heaven score. You need to be descriptive about your system when you ask. ;)

ie. if I was asking about my 'gamer' here's the relevant info...
I have a Q9650 @ 3.6GHz, 4x1GB PC2-6400 @ DDR-800 (or 400MHz) 4-4-4-12, HD 6950 @ stock clocks and a 1920x1200 display.

cool it cant use heaven if i change the api too opengl blue screen

Back