• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

begginer help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bil3336

i moderatly understand overclocking from videos and poeple around here BUT when i got all my tools together, the everest program, and started looking at base voltage i realized my core wasnt running at where its supposed to be (2.93 Ghz) it says 1600 im not sure is that because my pc is idling? and if so then the voltage is the same way im very new to all this stuff ( i just started looking in to it today) the picture i atttached should have all the specs and stuff but somtimes they will change for a second like the multiplier would go from 6X to 11X and the 1600 Mhz it says would go to 2933 Mhz i really lost hopefully somone with this program can help? im trying to find the base numbers like the voltage and multiplier so when i do go into the bios i dont mess it up and have to take apart computer to reset it or somthing...i know this thread might be a bit hazy but im just trying to get all my info together before i go and do it
intel core 2 duo E7500 @2.93 Ghz

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 99
CPU is likely idling - best bet is EIST/C1E/C3 states are enabled in the BIOS [they are power savings features]. Look at that screen or CPU-Z when you put a load on the CPU (such as Prime95 or IntelBurn test)

Back