• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on an a8n-sli problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lidz74

Registered
Hi, was just rebuilding on an a8n-sli need some help on re-instaling the drivers for chipset bios and graphics card, not sure how to delete the old ones to put in the new versions.
any help would be gratefull :)

15 view's and no help?? i need to get up and running today!! need to take off the bio's and re install them and also the chipset driver's do i reset the cmos? and take the battery out? and in what order do i do all this?

Relax... not everybody's up at 5:40 in the morning on a Saturday. And when you say you rebuilt your A8N-SLI, what exactly did you do?

Lol sorry i am from England Did not realise it was an american site..sorry!! I formated the hd and installed the bios chipset and graphic card drivers but system keeps crashing! i want to take off the old drivers and reinstall them properly.. i am on winxp32 and have no disc to reinstall again.. thanks for your reply ;-)

I have also put 2 more sticks of ram in and tested its ok, sometimes i boot and everything ok i reset the cmos and taken battery out before i installed drivers for chipset and the bios!

Just a FYI... when you need to add an edit, just use the Edit button located in the lower RH corner of your posts. First, there's no such thing as BIOS drivers. Second, without knowing which driverset you installed or where you downloaded them from, the latest official nForce4 driverset v6.86 is available from nVidia here...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_archive.html

Just a FYI... when you need to add an edit, just use the Edit button located in the lower RH corner of your posts. First, there's no such thing as BIOS drivers. Second, without knowing which driverset you installed or where you downloaded them from, the latest official nForce4 driverset v6.86 is available from nVidia here...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_archive.html

That is the current driver i have installed i dont think i installed the nforce4 drivers correctly and not sure i did the bios right too.

What makes you think you didn't install the nForce driverset correctly, or that you flashed the BIOS incorrectly?

pc was hanging up and the screen not running smooth as it was,i get a flashing line sometimes while watching video's. tried another cable to monitor but does the same thing..

Back