• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My budget pc build ,is it worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey, welcome to OCF! :beer:

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!

• What are you planning to do with this compuer? Please be as specfic as possible.
  • What is your budget?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripheals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
    2. If you are from the United States, do you live nearby a Microcenter?
  • Do you have any specific requests with the build?
    1. Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind?
    2. Would you prefer the build to be particularly small?
    3. Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet?
    4. In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading?
    5. Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies? These features, with a compatible motherboard, allow a user to link multiple identical graphic cards together for added performance. In real world terms, this lets you buy a second identical graphics card down the line as a relatively cheap and easy way to gain a fairly large boost in performance. However, this requires buying a SLI/CFX compatible motherboard and PSU now, which may result in slightly higher initial cost.

Once again, thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these, and I hope you enjoy your stay at OCF! :)

Budget-$650(does not include peripherals
Location-U.S( I do live by a micro center the one in Colorado)
I don't plan in overclocking because I don't know how.
Size is not an issue for me
I do prefer it to not be too loud since loud noises annoy me.
I want to spend the money now and rest.
I'm not sure about crossfire technolgy

Whoops forgot that one, I'm building this computer to play games like Skyrim,BF3,Maxpayne, Arma 2/3. on moderate settings nothing like Max settings though.
I'm also using it for school work like word, Photoshop, Research, Audio recording.

Last edited:
That antec is a solid PSU. I believe better than the slightly more expensive CX600...

Build looks solid, I would see if you can swing a better GPU too.

WI'm building this computer to play games like Skyrim,BF3,Maxpayne, Arma 2/3. on moderate settings nothing like Max settings though.

How about max settings anyway? :welcome:

The CPU should OC to about 4.5GHz on that cooler. The PSU also has enough headroom that you can add a second 7850 in the future and make this computer last a very long time.

Screenshot.png

Screenshot-1.png

That antec is a solid PSU. I believe better than the slightly more expensive CX600...

Build looks solid, I would see if you can swing a better GPU too.

What kind of GPU would you recommend? for this sort of build

I can make it a bit cheaper if you wish. Maybe shave like $30 off with a 500GB HDD and a cheaper case.

You can also give up the idea of dual GPUs in the future and drop to a much cheaper PSU, that might save you another $25 or so.

I can make it a bit cheaper if you wish. Maybe shave like $30 off with a 500GB HDD and a cheaper case.

You can also give up the idea of dual GPUs in the future and drop to a much cheaper PSU, that might save you another $25 or so.
That build is actually pretty good , How would I go on about overclocking? I know there is guides but will this decrease cpu life?

yoyoyoy.png

clearly.png

Alright this is the build, I spent a little more on the power source cause it looked boss.

Back