• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help with crashes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngryGamerrrLol

Registered
asrock 770DE+ Motherboard
Amd phenom II 920's[Not overclocked]temps dont go higher than 45]
Ultra LSP 650 watt power supply
Western Digital 7200rpm Hard Drive 250gb
6gb of 800mhz Ram cosair[same here]
6850 Radeon[Temps are good]
Windows 7 64bit
Also use a Wireless Network Card
Onboard Sound

The Problem All my games crash some more than other less demanding games crash alot less.

I had a Dual core athlon x2 2.6ghz No crashes at all
I put in a Quad Core 9850 x4 We going crash u bro over and over
Then i got a amd Phenom 920 II x4 Still Crashing

I figured maybe the motherboard just couldnt handle it[Old motherboard was a evga 730a]
So i got a new motherboard Lord Behold it was still happening with the quad core and not the dual core
Figured maybe a power problem i got a new Video card that uses alot less Power than than the 9800 GTX+ still crashes Alot

Only thing i can come up with is the hard drive just sucks and cant handle how fast the memory is going at with the quad core compared to the dual core

Please help a Frustrated gamer:bang head

Did a quick check on your motherboard CPU support list and for some reason it doesn't list the Phenom II x4 920. What BIOS version are you running on that board?
Power supply seems sufficient and shouldn't be the cause unless it's faulty.

Please post a picture of CPUID HWmonitor while the PC is under full load, if possible.

your power supply is probably on its way out and cant handle any real loads on it,
no real way to be sure except to try another psu in your system but it sounds like a bad psu to me.
i have only had one ultra PSU ever and it has ran great for years still in my daughters pc to this day its about 10 years old now.

Which games are crashing and under exactly what circumstances does this occur Gamerrr? Are you getting error messages? If so, write them down (take a shot) and post them. Are you crashing to desktop, system lockup, BSOD? Does it go "BRZZZZT!!" with a garbled screen flash and then reboot? It sounds like you are having a BIOS/mobo/CPU compatibility issue, but there are certainly many other things it could be.

crashing games

Secret world Crashes every once in awhile
Battlefield 3 same
TF2 a decent amount
Eve online:Hardly Crashes that much but does maybe once a day
Dota 2 crashes
Guild wars 2
Grand theft auto
APB:this game crashes a bunch

And it crashes to desktop all the time
Bios is up to date and cpu/mobo is able to work togather
Just like my old Motherboard evga 730a it could use the phenom 9850 and 920's

No oct had said that the cpu wasnt listed as my supported cpus but that is listed
And bios is up to date

Secret world Crashes every once in awhile
Battlefield 3 same
TF2 a decent amount
Eve online:Hardly Crashes that much but does maybe once a day
Dota 2 crashes
Guild wars 2
Grand theft auto
APB:this game crashes a bunch

And it crashes to desktop all the time
Bios is up to date and cpu/mobo is able to work togather
Just like my old Motherboard evga 730a it could use the phenom 9850 and 920's

OK, this info helps. My bet would be that your PSU is fine. Lack of power crashes are generally the "BrzzzzT!#%!!/Flash/reboot" type. I think you can rule out the hard dive as the culprit too. As Octopus suggested, you should first make sure you have the latest BIOS for that mobo. CPUZ is pretty good for displaying your system information, you can download it here. The "mainboard" tab in CPUz will show your latest BIOS. You can get it in Windows too, I can't recall the exact location at the moment though.

so its really possible that the hard drive can handle the dual core speed but not the quad core?
and yeah bios is P 1.70

yea if your not getting BSOD then the psu is probably fine.
might want to back up your stuff and do a fresh windows install you might have reg or driver issues,that might be damn near imposable to figure out.

so its really possible that the hard drive can handle the dual core speed but not the quad core?

That is not how it works. I would wager that your crash problem has nothing to do with your HDD.

When did you add the 6850? It is possible that there is a driver/Catalyst Control Center issue happening.

the video card

Can it really be a video card problem as ive had with the dual core everythings works fine
and the 9800gtx+ does the same thing with the quad core

The crashes you are describing are classic examples of video driver issues, I have had plenty of them myself. You are running a mixture of older and new hardware, this is where you are most likely to encounter driver issues. There are situations where older versions of CCC are required for some hardware configurations, but usually you want the latest version. I would try installing the latest CCC and see if that helps. CHeck and see which version you are running first and take note of it so you have a base to compare it to, and be able to revert to the original one if the new CCC is even worse.

ive tryed many CCC drivers and have the latest ones all seem to have the same crash times or random

The only 2 things that havent been changed in my computer are the hard drive/power supply

Last edited:
I have to apologize about my mistake about the x4 920 not being listed. I totally missed it, I'm sorry.

What you are describing sounds like a driver issue, it may be In the BIOS, the video drivers or even the mobo audio drivers. I am afraid there is no "magic button" you can press to sort this type of problem out, you are going to have to go through each and every possibility one by one. In the end it is still possible that your components will not work well with each other because not all hardware is compatible.

If you want input that might help, you really need to provide actual screens showing exactly what software/BIOS/drivers you are currently using. Just saying that you have the latest ones is not much use, and you may or may not be correct. Also, logging the crashes with something like Task Manager or resource monitor would be helpful too.

screenies

pictures

Attachments

• harhar.PNG
    harhar.PNG
    239.2 KB · Views: 67
  • sup.PNG
    sup.PNG
    57.5 KB · Views: 72
  • yo.PNG
    yo.PNG
    42.3 KB · Views: 69
You may also want to take a look at the windows event viewer. To access it, click the swastika orb on the lower left and in the search bar type "event viewer". There is a log of every error kept there. To isolate the problem, look at the events (even take a pic of them) and then run a game until it crashes. You should be able to see one or many events that happened leading up to the crash. If you right click on them it will give a pretty detailed account of what the issue is.

Back