• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am i doing it wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomNewdelhi

Registered
Hey all,

I recently bought all my gear and started to install the loop.

I planned on a dual loop for cpu and one for gpu's.

So i first made a start with the cpu loop. My bits for this loop are:

XSPC acrylic dual bay res for two DDC

Laing DDC 1T - 10w - X2 (one for each loop)

CPU block is EK Supreme HF Copper

Rad 120.3 XSPC RS

masterkleer 3/8" ID 1/2" OD.

Case is a 800D

Loop order was pump - cpu - rad - res

Basically i started to fill the loop and bleed it, started off fine, started bleeding bubbles out but then it seemed to be really slow and larger bubbles didnt seem to move through the tubing. I left it running after tilting the case, rocking it etc.

I tried running the pc (i7 920) no overclocking and ran prime95 to see what temps i had, it was running at 80c after 20 minutes. which is too high.

Like i said, the coolant seems to be going really slow and it seems theres not enough pressure to push a bubble through!

What am i doing wrong with the loop?

Thanks

Doesn't sound like it's bled. If you haven't fully bled the loop, chances are you haven't fully leak tested either, I'd at least bleed the loop fully while leak testing.

In any case, pinch the tubing at the inlet to your res so it closes off. That'll help get those bubbles out. Also tilt your case every way you can and even gently shake it a bit. Help those bubbles work loose. It can take longer to get the big bubbles out with 10W DDCs, I know my 10W version takes a lot longer to get them out than does the MCP35X,. requiring much more case movement to help it along.

As far as coolant going slow, you won't be able to tell much about your coolant other than seeing the top of the water in the res move a little bit.

Hey thanks for the reply. I filled and left it for 24 hours or so before i ran the system. I layed it on its side and huge bubbles came out.

Im using mayhem aurora coolant so i can see the fluid moving in the tubes.

I used to use an ek 4.0 with a seperate res and that bled quick and flowed much quicker.

I have a t line going to a fill port near the top of the loop just before the inlet to the res

Well, you definitely saw more movement before; the 10W DDC is rated at 440L/hour and the EK 4.0 is rated at 800L/hour. Their head pressure is similar (3.3m vs 4.0m, respectively).

I'm not sure about the viscosity of that fluid. It sure looks pretty but isn't something I'd run, so not something I've tested either (I'm a die-hard distilled only, but do see the place for such things if you want the effort that goes with it). If it's tough to move around a loop and you've lost a bunch of flow, that could definitely contribute to your high temperatures.

Aside from the usual tube pinching and case manipulating, I'm not sure any more effective ways to get the bubbles out.

Glad you leak tested it long enough. :D

But a ddc 1t is good enough for this kind of loop?

The aurora coolant doesnt seem thick or anything. Just watery. Is it prolly better to just try it with dis water?

Back