• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

core temps fx 8150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joshcha

Registered
im on 0 hrs of sleep and worked 24 hrs in last 2 days.. i stayed up all night last night building a pc and let it run all day while at work to install updates and download games.. i come home and hwmonitor says my core temps are 11 degrees c is this normal at idle... my sig pc ran way hotter than that..just curious.. i got the coolermaster evo 212 cooler on the processor for now

hwmonitor says my core temps are 11 degrees c is this normal at idle = Through probably at least a 1,000 threads and posts about that type of temp reading here in the CPU Forum section, the answer is YES that is very/most likely a normal temperature. The "important" temps are under load of Prime 95 running Blend mode with HWMonitor open on the desktop to Log the Min/Max temps and voltages for attaching the capture of HWMonitor only and not a 'full-screen capture. Then those loaded temps are important but not really idle temps unless they were 45 or 50c indicating the CPU Cooler was very poorly mounted to the cpu.

The core temp sensors of CPUs commonly give artificially cool readings at idle because the calibration is skewed to give the most accurate readings under load. It's hard to get them accurate at both the low end of the scale and the high end, just like a truck scale is calibrated to give an accurate reading of a loaded semi rather than a tricycle. Even then, the core temp sensors are often pretty far off, even under load.

Back