• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old GA-EP45-UD3LR needs new BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4thKor

Registered
I have searched the world over and haven't been able to find out how to flash/upgrade the BIOS on this thing with a USB flash drive. Manual says it can be done, but there is no option other than "A" floppy, which I don't even have. Does anyone have any idea how to get "Q" Flash Utility to recognize my flash drive? It does have a ".exe" file on it, so I'm assuming that's all I need. It was also fresh formatted to Fat32 prior to copying the file to it. :shrug: (I love this little guy!)

No, I haven't. Actually I've never heard of it. How would I do it? When I search for BIOS in the search box I get nothing. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, so I would think it would have it, but I have no idea how to make it work. :shrug: (Gotta' love this little guy!)

I've tried updating with a flash drive and I don't have the option. All I can do is from floppy, which I don't have. I will go into Gigabyte's site and see what I can do to get the @BioS utility. Don't recall seeing it, and it wasn't available with the drivers.

This is driving me nuts! I've downloaded @BioS and it won't run in 64bit. I've also downloaded the latest utility (EasyTune 6) and it won't run for the same reason! I'm at a loss here. I have Ubuntu on a seperate partition. I'm wondering if I could run @BioS with it? :attn:

I just tried Hiren's Ultimate Boot CD. That doesn't work either. I think my only option is going to be to put an old hard drive in and load XP. Think I'll wait until I get my Q9550 and do it all at once. I love these boards for overclocking, but they're a pain in the butt to update BIOS on. I've got a EP43 also, and if I recall I had trouble with it even using XP. Oh well, life goes on! :comp: :facepalm:

Back