• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED V7 on-a-Mac questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
FAH V6 client appears to be no longer an option on Mac-tel Apple machines, and Version 7.2.9 is available, but I am not seeing a way to add the username, team number or passkey.

I never liked V7 on Linux or Windows, and it looks like I'm not going to like V7 in OS X.

I thought that I saw a post on another forum mentioning running V7 in console, which I'd be interested in doing. However, said forum looks to down right now. :shrug:

Does anyone know how to:
A. add username, team number and passkey to the V7 client
OR
B. know how to run V7 in console?

Configure button in the upper left. Identity tab.

As for running in console mode... no idea. I just set it to autostart in Preferences and that's that. It runs in the background.

You need to start the client in order for FAHControl to connect to it. Your client list already includes a local client, so select "configure" from the top menu, which will open the connection tab, then use the "start" button for the local client. You will get the list of the additional tabs once the client starts. The user info will be on the "Identity" tab. Use the "Slots" tab to add/modify the slots and settings.

My Ubuntu rigs have FAHclient 7.2.9 installed as a service set to run on startup. FAHControl needs to be installed too, but is only needed to configure the client.

My windows rigs have FAH 7.2.9 installed as a console set to run on startup. FAHControl is still needed for configuration, but can be closed when not needed (If the client was started by FAHControl, quiting FAHControl will also kill the client.) Unless it has been fixed, the GPU will not run in the service install, but runs fine in the console.

I run a copy of FAHControl on my notebook to "control" all the clients running on my home network, similar to monitoring them with HFM. Just have to select the client on the list, wait a few seconds for the connection, then control/modify the remote client as desired. Note that the "clients" have to be started on the local machines, even if paused on start, in order for the remote connection to be made. I rarely run FAH on my notebooks, so those clients are not configured to run at startup, and FAHControl is not able to connect to those two clients, shown as the "local" and "FUGI" on the screenshot below.

Attachments

• FAH729 Clients+Identity Tab, HayesK 11-12-2012.JPG
    FAH729 Clients+Identity Tab, HayesK 11-12-2012.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 45
Here's what seems to be the main issue, according to Joe H over on foldingforum:

Joe_H said:
hrsetrdr said:
Running OS X 10.5.8.

There is where the problem lies. Currently V7 is only able to be used with OS 10.6 and above. That is the one major ticket still open for the OS X version of the client, Ticket 572. The developers have stated in the past that they do want to support earlier versions with V7, but have run into some issues getting their development platform right to compile the software for the earlier OS versions.

thread link: http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=22964&p=228662#p228662

Back