• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with my i5 3470

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

calriclarc

Registered
good day guys, i just bought my i5 3470 recently and i saw on the net that this baby can go maybe atleast 4.0 - 4.2ghz, can i do that with my board? any help or comments will do thanks

even if the board was good for it you could only go up to the max turbo frequency which is 3.6 according to Intel. those chips are very limited in their overclocking abilities you must purchase a "k" series CPU in order to overclock much. such as a core i5-3570K along with a Z77 or similar overclocking chipset motherboard

You should be able to overclock the 3470 to at least 2 bins above the peak Turbo multiplier (x36 + 2). The max. Turbo frequency is 3.6GHz, so combined w/ a x38 multiplier ("all core" limit) and BCLK of ~105 you can probably hit 4.0GHz (4.2GHz on a single thread; x40 x 105).

my motherboard doesent let me put the multiplier and increase BCLK up, or maybe i dont know hot to do it @__@

Back