• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 670 3rd Party Thermal Paste?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n7plus1

Just recently purchased a pair of EVGA GTX 670 FTW's in 4GB.

Obligatory pictures:

IMG_20121130_110400.jpg

IMG_20121130_112512.jpg

IMG_20121130_112344.jpg

Im looking for info regarding installing new thermal paste on these...more than likely some fresh AS5 i have around the house. Thoughts?

The principle isn't any different from CPU thermal paste application. Just trust your instinct and monitor your temps!

Meh, are my thoughts.
If temps are a major issue new TIM won't help much.
If temps aren't an issue there's no reason to change it.

Meh, are my thoughts.
If temps are a major issue new TIM won't help much.
If temps aren't an issue there's no reason to change it.

Funny that sounds like an echo of my own thoughts... I did that once and realized it was completely unnecessary... Better keep that high quality TIM for where it's really needed.

That goes both ways... the OP asked the question, so he obviously had some kind of doubt based on inexperience. In that case, I highly doubt he'll have more peace of mind doing it by himself. Anyway, at the end of the day the only real peace of mind comes from the manufacturer's warranty. So if I was unsure what to do I'd just leave it as it is.

i wouldnt whats the point.... AS5 isnt the best paste the paste on it might be better

Back