• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom 850 - temp. problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would think about remounting the cooler and making sure that there is nothing holding it up off the cpu. the plastic shield must be removed, the shield is shown in pic #1.
the lever that locks it on should start as shown in pic #2.
the lever should be flipped to the position shown in pic #3.
sorry if this souds a little mean but it has been done before by all of us.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• PIC_0597.JPG
    PIC_0597.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 62
  • PIC_0602.JPG
    PIC_0602.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 62
  • PIC_0605.JPG
    PIC_0605.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 62
looking at tmpin1 and tmpin2 it has to be a case airflow problem.
is this in a case or an open bench?

is this a new build, rebuild, new processor?

Last edited:
looking at tmpin1 and tmpin2 it has to be a case airflow problem.
is this in a case or an open bench?
CM Elite 430, 6x120mm fans (3 intake & 3 exhaust) + an 80 mil for the HDD. Semi-decent cable management, good airflow.

There was another forum user who had the same kind of problem a couple or three weeks ago. He tried every thing. The only thing I can think of is that the mother board socket temp sensor has gone bad ("CPU" temp) since core temps are a calculated value using input from a sensor on the processor die combined with input from the socket sensor. If the latter has gone south then both would be off. Makes me wonder if in fact this is actually the case because your system would probably not be stable at those temps if they are real. So, it could be that you need a new mobo.

I don't think the sensor is the problem. I touched the CPU & NB heatsinks 20 min ago or so and they almost peeled my skin off. Both were very hot to the touch.

Got to be the CPU itself, then. Do you have another board you can drop the CPU in to test that?

Got to be the CPU itself, then. Do you have another board you can drop the CPU in to test that?
Nope, not really. :shrug:
I guess I'll just stick with it overheating 'till I save up some money for an 8 core piledriver and see the temps on the new CPU.
Will take a couple of months, but I don't really care what happens to this phenom anyways.
Thanks for the help, trents!

Look at one more thing. Check the CPUNB voltage in bios. If that is set to an extremely high amount it could cause the processor to run hot.

Look at one more thing. Check the CPUNB voltage in bios. If that is set to an extremely high amount it could cause the processor to run hot.
All voltages are default, vCore is -0.250 or so, guess it's the CPU itself. :shrug:

Back