• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance ERM-3K3UC Won't Turn Off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malice652

Registered
Last night my erm-3k3uc started exhibiting a problem where it wouldn't shutdown along with my pc. When I started looking deeper, I found the entire cooling system wouldn't turn off at all; the power button was unresponsive. WTF? To turn the system off I have to unplug it.
I checked and double checked all the "power switch" connections to my motherboard and still nothing.
Anyone here have any ideas?

Last edited:
hmmm......nice system btw and not cheap either :p ......I would check with koolance themselves and check with their forums just incase some others might have the same issue.

Does it connect with your PC by some hardwire? If so, when it shutsoff its suppose too? If yes and you stated how you went to the main unit system to shutoff and it didn't. Its possible it froze up (or your pc if its connected to it) and needed a hard re-boot. If problem persists I would call Koolance about this problem and could possibly be a RMA.

This all came last night after spending a few hours working on trying to get 5Ghz Prime stable on my 3960x. So there was a number of crashes, hard restarts, and restarts. I eventually settled for 4.7 but when I was done at the end of the night... the damn ERM-3K3UC wouldn't turn off with my system the way it always has.

I even tried disconnecting the telemetry cable and it's still totally unresponsive. I emailed Koolance about the issue this morning.
I just pray there's some hidden reset button somewhere.

Last edited:
Very odd...

I switched my psu to single rail and enabled the DIP switches and now the cooling system starts up and shuts down with the rest of the system just fine.
Fantastic.

Thanks for the input though guys!

Hi Malice652,

I have the same problem. It's starts from no where just few days ago. My ERM-3K3UC does not turned OFF anymore.

Can you please provide step by step on how you resolved this problem?

I don't understand what you mean by "switched my psu to single rail and enabled the DIP switches".

Koolance ERM-3K3UC.JPG

Back