• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 Boot up: Wtf is this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyian

Ive been seeing this every time i boot up windows since the re-format. Does anyone know what this is? It appears for a split second, but i managed to get a screen cap of it (its blown up a-bit)

Ideas? Im a bit concerned seeing how i had to re-format due to an infection and im hoping this isnt something it left behind.

Attachments

• whats this.jpg
    whats this.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 136
It almost looks like a zoom-in of part of the BIOS splash screen. Maybe go into BIOS and disable the splash screen and see if it goes away.

If you re-formatted the disk, nothing was left behind. Can't say what I'm looking at here, but I would do as FlailBoy suggests and disable the splash screen to see if it's a something in the display. Doubtful though as the pixels look like it's graphically rendered and not a few broken led's. Doesn't seem like something to lose a lot of sleep over at any rate.

Sorry, this is windows. The white text is just part of my Aperture Labs wallpaper. Its just the gold part.

My C: drive (ssd) was wiped, but i didn't format my D: (mechanical), which is where my information was held.

Um , have you tried changing your wallpaper ? Might be your display , or graphics card .

umm... re-read.

It appears for a split second,

Meaning, during windows log in, this icon/cursor/whatever pops up for a second, barely any time to notice it if your not looking) and then disappears again. This is a zoomed in image, the actual size of it is about the size of a cursor. My only vague guess is it looks like a cd, like its trying to read something from the dvd-rom, but i don't see how that is likely given nothing is in it.

Not a dead pixel is it? (I'm unsure how you got the screen cap so might be irrelevant)

Back