• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everything is HOT!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, the board at least needs to be discarded. The fact that it won't boot without all RAM installed is tell-tale to me. But have you tried moving the four RAM sticks around in the slots to determine if any of them are bad? Use all four at one time but change them around.

But it might be hard to find a stout replacement board in that generation at a decent price. You have to decide if you want to invest in that old technology. Were you overclocking the 965 CPU?

i picked up an asrock 970 extreme for 50 bucks just misding the am3 mount. now to finf some ram.

but no it honestly never got over clocked

Yup, I would definitely pop them in and see!!

BTW, thanks are back, time to give them out and count!:) Here goes #1

Screenshot_20180129-192207.png

how my ram surrvived is beyond me... now i need to run some mem test on it to make sure its okay....

Sir, check it with prime in blend as well. I had ram that would chug along at good overclock in memtest, but wouldn't even boot into windows. :)

..what they say, as long as blue smoke is contained within, equipment will continue to function reliably.

Sir, check it with prime in blend as well. I had ram that would chug along at good overclock in memtest, but wouldn't even boot into windows. :)

..what they say, as long as blue smoke is contained within, equipment will continue to function reliably.

LOl i never say the blue smoke... I just felt the heat...

My best guess as to what happend: I had just finished getting everything installed for my server, rand it for a good week 24/7 no issues. I moved it out to the garage just to test it and it was like oh hes moving me im going to give him crap now.... So maybe just maybe the 140W CPU and stock cooler was too much for the board, maybe soldiered something somewhere and then decided to take a dump.

The good news is i could take the money (Provided my ram is good) gunna run it for a good while and see. and probably just pick up an FX 95W cpu sell this one for like 40 bucks and call it a day. This isnt gunna be a gaming rig any more just a simple server that i could build cloud storage on and make my life fun lol.

Let it run memtest since 8pm last night so roughly 14 hours... 0 errors... Looks like ill load windows then do some prime and blind and see what happens... :clap:

Back