• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx 4100 Glitch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Llano_Power

Registered
My Fx 4100 used to go up to 4.6 no problem and was stable. Now its still stable but all my games have graphical skipping after i go over 4 Ghz. Can someone help. (ive checked the gpu several times its not the gpu)

Now its still stable but all my games have graphical skipping after i go over 4 Ghz. its not the gpu)

1. What says it is 'still stable'?

2. What is graphical skipping? Stuttering or screen tearing?

3. How was the determination made that the GPU is not at fault?

1. What says it is 'still stable'?

2. What is graphical skipping? Stuttering or screen tearing?

3. How was the determination made that the GPU is not at fault?

1.Prime95 blend testing
2. Skipping/stuttering
3. Ive tested the overclocking and graphics voltages and the gpu when the at max clocks the stuttering isnt there, and when the gpu's at stock clocks the stuttering isnt there. The issue only happens when my cpu is past 4ghz
ill post a video of my issue one moment

Hardware
Fx4100 cooler master hyper 212+ dual fan
Asus m5a97 Rev 1.0 (bios 1605)
G. Skill 16gbs 4x4gbs
Ocz modstream modular 500w
2 7200 rpm Hdds no raid
onboard sound
3 flash drives, usb 3 external hdd, wifi card
windows 7 home premium 64bit

Last edited:
A list of your system components would be useful. A screenshot of HWMonitor while a Prime95 blend test is running may also be helpful here. Plus if you are overclocking with the reference clock at all then a screenshot of CPU-Z's CPU, Memory, and SPD tabs can help.

Your issue sounds a bit like throttling, but that's just a shot in the dark without more info.

A list of your system components would be useful. A screenshot of HWMonitor while a Prime95 blend test is running may also be helpful here. Plus if you are overclocking with the reference clock at all then a screenshot of CPU-Z's CPU, Memory, and SPD tabs can help.

Your issue sounds a bit like throttling, but that's just a shot in the dark without more info.

Heres the issue
happens in all games not just minecraft

That looks a lot like throttling. What frequency was the 4+GHz part at? An HWMonitor screenshot while a prime95 blend test is running at that frequency will help rule that out or confirm it.

Edit: I see what you posted. :)
Second edit: That's a good start(though blinding) Can we get an HWMonitor screenshot still?(It helps us see load voltage and temps, etc.)

I went into the bios and manually set load line calibration and it seems to work now, I'm going to test this further tomorrow

Back