• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheHutchTTU

So I've pre-ordered the 900D and now it's time to get my WC parts list together!

I've made a cart in PPCs. I know I am missing fittings, but that is because I haven't completely decided on quantity and types (rotaries, 90s, etc...)

This will be for the system in my sig, minus my current case and plus the new one.

One thing I cannot decide on is if I should drop this amount of money at once, or scale it down a bit and get the rest later. If I were to scale it down I would cut out one 480 radiator and half of the fans, but we will see.

Let me know what y'all think! :D

WCPartsList.jpg

Reservoir (red)

Liquid = Distilled H2O

IandH Silver KillCoil x2

I have a couple of ideas on how I want to set it all up, but I will leave that to the build log. :cool:

Last edited:
Do you realize you are ordering 16 fans, just checking? I'm not sure the 480 is going to be enough rad for the card and cpu overclocked. If money is your concern have a look in the classies, there is a bunch of posts of people parting out their w/c systems.

sorry my bad I missed the 2 480's thanks skorpien. It looks good then! But like I said you could possibly do it cheaper if that is your concern in the classies.

no way I would drop 200$ on fans. I've had great success with yate loon fans over the years. If money is no object then by all means do it up but if your trying to save some $ you can easily do it there.

Also I'd order it all at once. When I break things up I end up completely changing my mind or just scrapping it all together.

Awesome! Can't wait to see some of the first 900D Build logs. :drool:

You'll have so much raddage you can throw whatever you want to it later down the road.

$200 in fans is asinine to me as well. Is that rad high fpi? Of not perhaps something cheaper will suffice? I like the yate loon idea personally for less than half the cost.

Looking forward to the build!

$200 in fans is asinine to me as well. Is that rad high fpi? Of not perhaps something cheaper will suffice? I like the yate loon idea personally for less than half the cost.

Looking forward to the build!

The rads have an fpi of 16, which I think is perfect for P/P around 1000 RPM (aka silent!)
True, then 8 + 8 Yates un-sleeved at 3.95 ea would save a lot.

They were intended to be aesthetically coordinated, but that is a good idea to mix and match fans.

You could always get a set of these. I have medium ones and you really can only hear them above 75%, the red would match your theme. If you really want it to be quiet then get the low speed ones, at 100% you can barely hear them. Also get them unsleeved and just sleeve them yourself.

I think you would be just as satisfied with the yates and still getting the fancy ones you want visible. I usually get a fan speed faster then what I need with them and then turn it down to what I want to run it at.

I've had 6 of them for about 4 years now and they are the only fans I still have that still have perfect bearings aside from my old panaflow. That thing is a monster of a fan in air and db lol.

My computer is also on 24/7 so they see a lot of use.

Awesome! Can't wait to see some of the first 900D Build logs. :drool:

You'll have so much raddage you can throw whatever you want to it later down the road.

Eventually, I would like to add an additional GPU for crossfire (hence all the raddage now). :attn:

I think you would be just as satisfied with the yates and still getting the fancy ones you want visible. I usually get a fan speed faster then what I need with them and then turn it down to what I want to run it at.

I've had 6 of them for about 4 years now and they are the only fans I still have that still have perfect bearings aside from my old panaflow. That thing is a monster of a fan in air and db lol.

My computer is also on 24/7 so they see a lot of use.

I think I will follow through with doing half and half (not too crazy about the red LED version), which will save about $70 in the end. Not too shabby! :thup:

Two 480 Rads?

And you want 16 high quality fans in push pull? As in NFL Football, "Comon man! Reality Vs umm ... Bad ref call, that's silly.

I forsee you shutting down 1/2 of the fans to ZERO RPM, meaning ALL the push or pull fans, your choice. And the other 8 fans to under 900 RPM, then to 7 fans and temps will be WAYYYY under limits. Even if you add a GPU and you put 7 fans to 1000, it will be silent.

Okay dude, you got the WC bug I guess, have fun!

Wasting $$ for the bug, it is addicting isn't it?

What's the first rule of building PCs? Because we can? Yeah...Only live once, right?

:thup: YOLO!!!!!!! (Should be a symbol for that phrase) :rofl:

:facepalm:

There's the people who want a computer, and the people who just want an expensive toy because they can't find anything else to spend their money on. Just goes to show that the more money you have, the less responsible you are with it.

I mean, I just find it funny that if you really enjoy building computers that much, there's always building a folding farm. Helps medical research and contributes a LOT more to society, but people would rather get fancy LED fans. :shrug:.

Back