• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this good enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello and :welcome:

I wouldn't go for the 560 Ti if you start from scratch. It's okay but I think you'd want to go for something more powerful. What about a GIGABYTE GV-R787OC-2GD Radeon HD 7870 GHz?
Mainboards are not my field, and I don't know that specific model either so wait on the input from someone else on that.
A 650W PSU is okay, but I think you can go with 550W or 600W that should get the job done, too. However I don't know the prices, if you'd really save money considering that 30$ discount.
And for gaming I think Intel is unbeaten, go for an i5 (K if you plan to overclock).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125418

So far ;)

Welcome. Good mid budget build, as told by idkfa you can take something newer/better for the GPU. GTX 660 or 7870 are very good GPU for the price. The 7870 is hard to beat bang for buck !

Hey, welcome to OCF! :beer:

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!

• What are you planning to do with this compuer? Please be as specfic as possible.
  • What is your budget?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripheals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
    2. If you are from the United States, do you live nearby a Microcenter?
  • Do you have any specific requests with the build?
    1. Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind?
    2. Would you prefer the build to be particularly small?
    3. Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet?
    4. In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading?
    5. Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies? These features, with a compatible motherboard, allow a user to link multiple identical graphic cards together for added performance. In real world terms, this lets you buy a second identical graphics card down the line as a relatively cheap and easy way to gain a fairly large boost in performance. However, this requires buying a SLI/CFX compatible motherboard and PSU now, which may result in slightly higher initial cost.

Once again, thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these, and I hope you enjoy your stay at OCF! :)

Back