• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

50c an ok temp for FX-6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PS2junkie

Registered
FX-6100
extreme4 970
Gemin ll S525 cooler
Thermaltake TR2 600w
Diablotek EVO ATX mid tower case
Asus 7850 gpu
I have been running temps around 50c while gaming. The highest I have seen it is 56c and have never seen my Gpu get very hat at all working at 100% but after about 2 hours of playing battlefield my computer screen went red, crashed and restarted. Im wondering if my cputin temps are to high or if this is due to the overclocking setting to my gpu. The game was running great prior to this...

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    303.6 KB · Views: 136
Those temps are perfectly fine. Monitor both CPU and Pachage temp, however, not just CPU temp. Package temp is what HWMonitor used to label "core" temp and is a calculation of the temp of the actual processing cores. CPU temp is motherboard socket temp. Both are fine at this point.

Do you have any idea why the computer would have red screened and crashed?

Do you have any idea why the computer would have red screened and crashed?

There is a RSOD aKa Red Screen of Death going around but it is mostly with Nvidia 6XX newer video cards. Some have it once or twice and others with those newer Nvidia cards have it pretty regular. Some have moved to other video card drivers and others are finding their video cards are having cooling issues. Either way RSOD seems n0t related to any motherboard or cpu problem.
RGone...

Ok thanks! Just wanted to make sure my new pc wasn't on the verge of blowing up

If you have a multimeter I recommend checking the 12 V rail voltage (yellow wires) while running a combined CPU+GPU load. Tt. TR2 units aren't known for being fantastic.

I've seen it on Nvidia stuff, it's somewhat common there.
This is the first I've heard of AMD doing it though.

Back