• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX-6300 3.5ghz w/ CM 212 EVO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Webbers246

Hello so I recently got a new rig and I'm not 100% about my temps so I was wondering If anyone could help ease my mind, I mainly only play 2 games which are Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Battlefield 4.

My rig:

NZXT Source 530 Full Tower

AMD FX-6300 3.5ghz Arctic Silver 5 paste w/ Cooler Master 212 evo - will be changing to Corsair H80i within a week.

8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz

850w CiT PSU

M5A97 R2.0

EVGA GTX 970 SC

CS:Go has gone from 34c to 41-42c core temp with socket temp from 42-43c to 49-51c

BF4 runs about 44-46c Ultra/High and the Socket Is like 54-56c

--

Any help Is greatly appreciated!

Here is the what an how we judge temps...

...tested this way and seeing the captures will pretty much highlight just how hot or how high your temps may go. After that loading it is just about all downhill from there since most anything else does not generally load most systems like what is outlined below. Then we know what we are all talking about and on the same page in the discussion. Luck man.
RGone...

This is what we need to see for sure and a real good starting point.

Normally during setup and testing we disable C1/E, C6, Cool N Quiet, APM, TurboCore and in windows performance manager itself we set to "performance" mode. ALSO if you have HPC in bios you would ENABLE it. That way there are not "other" settings messing with the overclocking process. Some of those settings are not available on all models of cpu but where in evidence we disable for setup of overclock process.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS / "package" temps fully visible. Latest versions of HWMonitor show the CPU Core Temp as " a Package Temp" and is only shown as a single temp since there were never multple, individual core temp sensors anyway.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open and running on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

If CPU and Package temps remain as seen in HWMonitor at this time and never rise above 72c CPU and 62c Package over the course of 2 hours of running P95 Blend then you should be both stable and fine on temps. This is how 98% of us test for temps and stability over time. Some do some other stuff but they are not on the same page as most of us. I do extra stressing but that is just me. Luck man.
RGone...ster.

If CPU and Package temps remain as seen in HWMonitor at this time and never rise above 72c CPU and 62c Package over the course of 2 hours of running P95 Blend then you should be both stable and fine on temps. This is how 98% of us test for temps and stability over time. Some do some other stuff but they are not on the same page as most of us. I do extra stressing but that is just me. Luck man.
RGone...ster.

Alright I'll try this and get back, thanks. :)

Although It's weird when BF4 made my socket reach 55c and cpu core 45-47c << sure it might have with the video card adding heat into the case which can make the overall temp rise and reduce the effectiveness slightly of the cpu cooler. But in full inspection, the temps are well 'below' the parameters used for max by the majority of us over the last 3.2years. That is why we test the same time after time so we have a standard to go by and not just a guess as it might be if we are not doing the same things.
RGone...

Although It's weird when BF4 made my socket reach 55c and cpu core 45-47c << sure it might have with the video card adding heat into the case which can make the overall temp rise and reduce the effectiveness slightly of the cpu cooler. But in full inspection, the temps are well 'below' the parameters used for max by the majority of us over the last 3.2years. That is why we test the same time after time so we have a standard to go by and not just a guess as it might be if we are not doing the same things.
RGone...

I just get paranoid easily over temps cause I don't wanna spend money out for my pc to just die lol.

I just get paranoid easily over temps cause I don't wanna spend money out for my pc to just die lol.

Well that is why i run 'at least' 2 hours of P95 Blend mode and IBT for 35 or 40 loops with heavy ram use so that I can actually get the best overall look at temps and once the 'big picture' is understood, I probably don't even look at temps more than 3 or 4 times per month after a while. I check then just to see if dust or whatever maybe reducing cooling effeciency. Beyond that cooling seldom crosses my mind since super high and totally unsafe temps will be responded to by my cpu shutting-down anyway on the cpus on safety valve. I said unsafe but instability due heat is most often reached a good while before the cpu shuts off to prevent a heat related failure.
RGone...ster.

Well that is why i run 'at least' 2 hours of P95 Blend mode and IBT for 35 or 40 loops with heavy ram use so that I can actually get the best overall look at temps and once the 'big picture' is understood, I probably don't even look at temps more than 3 or 4 times per month after a while. I check then just to see if dust or whatever maybe reducing cooling effeciency. Beyond that cooling seldom crosses my mind since super high and totally unsafe temps will be responded to by my cpu shutting-down anyway on the cpus on safety valve. I said unsafe but instability due heat is most often reached a good while before the cpu shuts off to prevent a heat related failure.
RGone...ster.

Aye, everything Is fine I was just getting a bit worried over the socket temp but I guess I'm just getting flustered over nothing, thanks for your help though!

Back