• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P8Z77-V Deluxe memory stops MS Load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amerifax

Registered
With to sticks of memory my system see my 16g. When 4 sticks it will see the full 32g.

Problem is when I have 16g installed system boots no problem. But with 32g, 4 sticks, system will not go into windows. I'm using MS Windows 8. Moving memory around and it all works , except when 4 sticks are installed.

Bob

What model of RAM do you have, and what are the DRAM frequency, timings, and DRAM voltage set to? And w/ all 32GB installed, boot to Memtest86+ installed to a thumb drive and check the RAM for stability at the modules current settings.

Wow. Now I'm realy worred. I havwe bought Corsair 8gb (1x8gb) 34196 130507447 1600MHz
10/10/10-27 1.50V ver2.21
This is on the chip that I bought from Newegg. WHo buy the way was a very bad experence.
Bob

I wouldn't be too worried yet. It could just be incorrect BIOS setting.

Could you post a picture of your RAM settings in the BIOS for us?

As redduc900 has said: Run Memtest with all sticks installed and see if it errors. If it does then test each stick of RAM individually. Time consuming I know :-/

I took pictures of all the Bios setting. I think this is the one you need. Also I might mention all drives on my STAT3 are not showing up. Not sure if memory related. I would think not.
Bob
Bios Info
Bios version: 0801 x64
Build Date: 02/4/2012
EC Version: MBEC-Z77-0127
ME Verrsion: 8.0.2.1410
South Bridge Stepping: C1

CPU Info
Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz
Speed: 3500GHz

Memory Info
Total Memory: 16384 MB (DDR3)
Memory Frequency: 1600MHz

Did not see a way to attach the photo. I hope this is what you ment you need.
Bob

Wow. Now I'm realy worred. I havwe bought Corsair 8gb (1x8gb) 34196 130507447 1600MHz
10/10/10-27 1.50V ver2.21
This is on the chip that I bought from Newegg. WHo buy the way was a very bad experence.
Bob
So to be clear... you have 4 of these sticks, correct?

Still waiting for the info I asked for, including whether or not Memtest runs through all of its tests without any errors. You can find the current DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage by opening CPU-Z to the Memory tab. The model / part number of the modules can be found on the SPD tab.

Back