• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card memory maxing out at 1739.6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I've checked GPU-Z while playing Skyrim and WoW and the memory never exceeds 1739.6. It should max out at 2048 shouldn't it?

Mmmmm. I don't think it should, i have an gadget on my desktop that tells me the GPU usage etc and when i play WoW and other games, it's not fully 1024mb. It would get to only around 900 or so.

Yea, my mistake. I was looking at memory clock not memory used, duh me. I did have to take back my MSI Twin Frozr gtx680 2gb memory back though and exchange it for an EVGA gtx680 4gb memory.. All my mod's in Skyrim at certain points would use up to 2.6 gb of memory.

No, that's just false advertising. It's really just 1gb x 2gpu because it's a dual GPU card, also it's only 256-bit. Kind of a rip off, if you don't look into it, but I knew before purchase. They just doubled all the numbers, but it doesn't work that way. I max out my vram at 1000whatever, making MSAA impossible. Nevertheless, every single player game maxes everything: Crysis 2, BF3, FarCry 3, Metro 2033 (almost). Getting 70-200fps in Dead Space 3 right now (screw vSync). I love this card at the $200 I got it for.

Thanks for the warning, any way to post my stuff without typing it all out in my sig?

Yeah that kinda pissed me off, but whatever. I think I'll be upgrading to a 7950 sometime soon, seems like the right price range for the best performance. I figure that if I've got a gaming pc I might as well be able to turn everything on.

This thing just got a 1199 (not amazing) on Unigine Heaven, 1080p, ultra textures, tessellation, 2x MSAA. Then 654 on extreme settings XD

Back